- 4 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
How to fix a rooted phone that won't install OS updates
I've got a rooted Droid Razr Maxx running Jelly Bean (ver. 4.0.4) that won't install any Android updates. When I try, the installation gets about a third done before stopping and rebooting back to ver. 4.0.4. I've tried using the Voodoo OTA app to temporarily disable the rooting and have also tried resetting the phone to factory settings. Neither of these worked. So, two questions:
- How can I identify the problem that's preventing the phone from installing the updated operating system?
- If I can't fix the problem, is there a way to stop the phone from downloading the updates and from reminding me every 12 hours to install them?
- By esli05 in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 7Last Post: 04-25-2013, 02:54 AM
- By csdunn in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 0Last Post: 01-05-2013, 02:00 PM
- By l0v3mon3y08 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 08-13-2012, 11:33 PM
- By brnf2008 in forum T-Mobile Optimus TReplies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2011, 09:46 PM
- By prittyboy203 in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 3Last Post: 12-14-2010, 12:06 PM