Why is my Xtouch X708s tablet slow?

Mohannad_7

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I bought an Xtouch X708s.
It's considered a cheap tablet but I thought it's genuine, it must run well.
But the fact is. it's slow and unresponsive, it can run games, although takes too much time to load and lags sometimes. It runs ICS 4.0.4. I read an article about ICS that says: "According to some experts 1GHz Dual core processors with 512+ Mb RAM are essential. If your phone has less specs than this, don't worry.. You can get custom roms from developers like Cyanogen."
I did all I could. factory reset, monitored all apps carefully, root, freeze bloatware, but still it's slow.
There are no custom ROMs for this tablet. I'm just curious why is it slow? it's specs are not that horrible right?
Is there something I can do? or must I get a new tablet?
Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The A13 Cortex-A8 CPU is single core, so that's going to be fairly slow. The Mali-400 GPU is also pretty basic, so graphics and animations will also not be impressive.

In addition, the wifi is limited to the slower B and G, not the faster N.

A good rule of thumb is that these devices made by manufacturers that aren't well-known are typically going to be slow, heavy, and/or not well-supported. If you're looking for a good tablet on a budget, consider the Hisense Sero 7 Pro, which is proving itself to be a capable competitor with the Nexus 7, and has gotten good reviews from members of this forum:
Hisense Sero 7 Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12