Kyocera Event keeps getting "not responding" notices from apps.
My Kyocera Event, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4, Sprint, keeps receiving "(app name) is not responding. Would you like to close it? Wait/Yes" At times I get several, one atop another. No rhyme or reason, no pattern. Quite random, no order. BUT, it happens a lot.I don't know if it's my phone or the apps or what. I also have a problem with the phone locking up and me having to remove the battery to reset it. Also happens often. Been sending reports most times but it's already beyond old. Any advice? Anyone?
- 08-12-2013, 02:25 AM #2
Re: Kyocera Event keeps getting "not responding" notices from apps.
Try wiping the system cache partition, which the system uses to store temporary data and logfiles. You won't lose any important data. Follow these steps:
1. Turn the power off. If the phone is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it.
2. Hold the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button until the device turns on.
3. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Reboot system, Wipe Data and Wipe Cache Partition. Select Wipe Cache Partition, then if presented with the option, select reboot.
If this doesn't work, you might want to try a factory data reset, which you can find under Settings/Backup & Reset. This will erase your local phone data, so make sure you're backed up before doing so. You can reinstall all of your apps from Google Play or Amazon Appstore afterwards.
- 09-22-2014, 04:24 PM #3
- 08-13-2016, 10:08 PM #4
- By mvasquez009 in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 33Last Post: 12-01-2016, 12:34 AM
- By JFH8 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 3Last Post: 08-17-2013, 09:16 AM
- By mvasquez009 in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 4Last Post: 08-13-2013, 09:34 AM
- By Josh Huffman in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 5Last Post: 08-12-2013, 06:55 PM