Plugged tablet into wrong charger

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long was your tablet plugged in with the wrong charger? Try plugging it in with the correct charger and letting it sit overnight (in case the battery discharged somehow), then press and hold the power button for a good 20-30 seconds. If you get nothing, it's probably fried. Since the brand is unrecognizable to me, I'm guessing it may not be worthwhile sending it back for repair, because (a) it probably won't be covered under warranty if they can tell you used the wrong charger, and (b) if you have to pay for the repair, it might cost about as much as the tablet itself.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it getting hot after 5 minutes using the correct charger? How hot? It shouldn't get unbearably hot--if it does, something's wrong. It's good that you have a warranty, but you might run into problems if they determine that any circuitry was damaged due to improper charging. Hopefully they won't be able to tell ...

Kyle Jensen

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
hopefully and yes it does get warm after a minute and starts to burn my hand after 5 minutes. I dont know what would cause it and I have left it plugged in for 2 hours (not a good choice) and i touched it and it gave me a blister.:mad:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
hopefully and yes it does get warm after a minute and starts to burn my hand after 5 minutes. I dont know what would cause it and I have left it plugged in for 2 hours (not a good choice) and i touched it and it gave me a blister.:mad:

I would be contacting the manufacturer. No matter what, that isn't good at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463