Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wrong battery percent meter in nexus 4

I feel lik my battery meter n nexus 4 is not correct. For a moment it shows 70% and then it shuts down. The phone gets on only when I put it for charging starting from 1%...and after 5 mins of charging if I switch off my phone the battery shows 80%.. ND the cycle literally repeats itself..can anyone suggest if this is a software or hardware problem.. I HV no clue what's happnin...
  2. Best Answer

That type of battery issue is typically associated with a bad battery. Since the battery is not replaceable it's probably easier for them to replace the device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: wrong battery percent meter in nexus 4

Same thing happened to me. After researching everything I could online, no one seems to know a fix for the issue. I thought maybe it was related to kit kat updates and went down to 4.3, did a factory reset, etc. Nothing worked. Contacted Google play store support and they issued a return under waranty for a replacement phone. After I told them the issue, they went right into sending me a new phone, no troubleshooting or anything. That leads me to believe they know it's a issue and there is no software fix so it has to be some kind of sensor, battery, or hardware issue.

Global Posts
    13,121 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: wrong battery percent meter in nexus 4

That type of battery issue is typically associated with a bad battery. Since the battery is not replaceable it's probably easier for them to replace the device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app