- 1 Posts
I can't update my galaxy S3 from 4.0.4 ICS to Jelly Bean
I can't update my S3 to Jelly Bean because when i enter "software update" in the phone settings it says "software is up to date".And when i try using Kies it shows me this "Your device's current firmware is not supported to update firmware via Kies"
Current firmware version: PDA:LH1/PHONE:LH1/CSC:LH1(THR)".
What should i do?
- 09-17-2013, 04:43 PM #2
- 3 Posts
Re: I can't update my galaxy S3 from 4.0.4 ICS to Jelly Bean
My Galaxy 10.1 had updated some time ago to JB skipping ICS entirely. I didn't like JB initially, but after a couple of days, I was fine with it. I froze totally last week and had to go to factory reset. After the reset, I had ICS and, as you, in settings I am "up to date," which seemed ridiculous since I had had JB? I got on to Samsung 'cause I wanted JB back and had an online chat with a rep, who informed me there is no way I can get JB now. My 10.1 (2 yrs old) will now only support ICS.
For what it's worth, I am now so happy with ICS, that I am thrilled that I had to do the reset and can't get JB. I find it much easier to use. Hope you experience the same. Sometimes these upgrades are more trouble than they're worth.
- 09-17-2013, 07:53 PM #3'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- By JenRich in forum Lenovo Android TabletsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-23-2013, 12:24 PM
- By myIphone4s in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 8Last Post: 09-18-2013, 11:07 AM
- By douglerner in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 8Last Post: 09-12-2013, 08:59 AM
- By like2angle in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 7Last Post: 09-09-2013, 12:54 PM