Google sync for Android System Settings

gavril

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

How do you sync the system settings of your Android device with your Google account?

If I go to the Dashboard of my Google account (using a desktop browser), and click on the profile for my Android device, it shows that "Android System Settings" (i.e., the settings on my current device) were backed up to Google almost a year ago, right after I got the device. I don't remember how I did this backup (it may have been automatic), and I can't find any option on my phone that would allow me to back the system settings up again.

When I go into Settings -> Account & Sync and select my Google account, I see options for syncing the contacts, calendar and other features, but no option for "Android System Settings" or similar. Is there another place where I can find this option?

Thanks for any help

gavril

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Update: I called my device manufacturer (HTC) about this, and they claimed that it's not possible to sync the system settings with your Google account, at least on the model I have (Rezound).

According to them, the fact that "Android System Settings" shows up on my Google Dashboard is probably just a sign of my phone being registered with Google, shortly after I first linked my GMail account to the phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance