- 23 Posts
Google sync for Android System Settings
How do you sync the system settings of your Android device with your Google account?
If I go to the Dashboard of my Google account (using a desktop browser), and click on the profile for my Android device, it shows that "Android System Settings" (i.e., the settings on my current device) were backed up to Google almost a year ago, right after I got the device. I don't remember how I did this backup (it may have been automatic), and I can't find any option on my phone that would allow me to back the system settings up again.
When I go into Settings -> Account & Sync and select my Google account, I see options for syncing the contacts, calendar and other features, but no option for "Android System Settings" or similar. Is there another place where I can find this option?
Thanks for any help
- 23 Posts
Re: Google sync for Android System Settings
Update: I called my device manufacturer (HTC) about this, and they claimed that it's not possible to sync the system settings with your Google account, at least on the model I have (Rezound).
According to them, the fact that "Android System Settings" shows up on my Google Dashboard is probably just a sign of my phone being registered with Google, shortly after I first linked my GMail account to the phone.
Last edited by gavril; 09-18-2013 at 03:36 PM.
- By Lori Rempel in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 02-06-2014, 05:21 PM
- By max hernandez2 in forum HTC OneReplies: 8Last Post: 09-17-2013, 05:28 AM
- By RyanGermann in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-14-2013, 02:44 PM
- By nfl2013 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 09-14-2013, 01:12 PM
- By KodeSeeker in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 1Last Post: 09-14-2013, 09:36 AM