Foxfi won't complete searches from address bar.

juan Brown

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, hope that you can help me on this one. I have LG spirit on Metro PCS running Android 4.0.4. I have installed the latest version of Foxfi on it. The Foxfi allows me to connect to my tablet using the phone as a hotspot and I can search addresses using the address bar on the tablet and also using the google search bar without a problem. I have a PC with a wireless adapter running Windows XP and the foxfi connection also works fine allowing me to search using address bar in Fire Fox and the google search bar . The problem comes when I try to connect foxfi to my laptop which also has Windows XP and Firefox as the Browser. I can connect ok but I cannot search for addresses directly using the address bar. I just get that spinning circle that never stops. I am able to use the google search bar and get search results I just can?t go directly to pages from the address bar. When I reconnect the laptop to my house wifi everything address bar and search bar both work fine. This problem with the laptop connection just started recently up until last month it worked just fine. Do you know of any settings or anything I can change in foxfi or on the laptop. Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! I'm not sure what could have changed to cause this issue. Dig through your laptop's settings and check the connection to make sure everything looks good. Also, consider a reboot of the laptop just in case.

juan Brown

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks , checked a number of settings, wifi , IP reset, DNS , virtual memory, prefetch delete, running firefox in safe mode, turning of firefox add ons.
i still have the same problem. Still open to new ideas though.
Keeping optimistic. :)

juan Brown

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Was testing all kinds of stuff. It seems like I can search secure sites frm the address bar that start with https://...... for example http://chase.com and a few others like the webmail portal at my job.These work fine. I just cannot access sites in www domain. This is true for both fire fox and Explorer. Im running antivirus and malware right now to see if I was hit by malware or virus. If yu have any other ideas please let me know. all help is appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance