Can I get some help with HTC Vivid unlocking bootloader?

Foxhound221

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
First off, I would like to apologize if I'm violating any rules by posting this here. Just give me a heads up and I'll try and delete this thread.
I've been looking all over the place and I can not figure out what it is I'm doing wrong when I go to unlock my bootloader.
I went to HTC dev and got all the files I needed. When I get to step five, the fastboot oem get_identifier_token command, I input that and it
gives me waiting on device and that's it. I'm not sure what the issues is but I've been messing with it for a few hours now.
I have an easy unlock tool that I'm considering using but I'm a little nervous about trying it. Anybody know about whether or not
I should use this tool or avoid it? My phone is running the 4.0.3 ICS ( I believe those are the right numbers)

Any ideas guys? I'm a little frazzled but I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing.
I have rooted one phone before (The htc incredible) so I have a basic idea of what
I'm doing but by no means am I an expert yet.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

This is where I found the unlock tool [TOOL] HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool - xda-developers

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
First off, I would like to apologize if I'm violating any rules by posting this here. Just give me a heads up and I'll try and delete this thread.
I've been looking all over the place and I can not figure out what it is I'm doing wrong when I go to unlock my bootloader.
I went to HTC dev and got all the files I needed. When I get to step five, the fastboot oem get_identifier_token command, I input that and it
gives me waiting on device and that's it. I'm not sure what the issues is but I've been messing with it for a few hours now.
I have an easy unlock tool that I'm considering using but I'm a little nervous about trying it. Anybody know about whether or not
I should use this tool or avoid it? My phone is running the 4.0.3 ICS ( I believe those are the right numbers)

Any ideas guys? I'm a little frazzled but I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing.
I have rooted one phone before (The htc incredible) so I have a basic idea of what
I'm doing but by no means am I an expert yet.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

This is where I found the unlock tool [TOOL] HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool - xda-developers

I am in the process of making a toolkit for the HTC Vivid. At least I know some people still use the device! On that note, when it says "waiting for device" it means that your device is not being read in fastboot. You need the correct drivers, so make sure that you have them. Also try switching usb ports as well. Are you using Windows 7,8, or 8.1?

Foxhound221

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm running windows 7. I may give the switching usb ports a shot, my 3.0 port acts a little weird sometimes.
Also, on your comment of knowing people still use this phone, I love this phone to death lol, that's why I'm rooting it XD

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm running windows 7. I may give the switching usb ports a shot, my 3.0 port acts a little weird sometimes.
Also, on your comment of knowing people still use this phone, I love this phone to death lol, that's why I'm rooting it XD

USB 2.0 has better compatibility with fastboot. USB 3.0 has known issues with fastboot. It's too bad you're doing this before I release my toolkit. All you would of have done is press a couple of buttons and done. Well good luck and let me know if you have anymore trouble!

Foxhound221

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
That tool would be amazing! lol, in some ways I'm glad that I have to do it this way because I get to learn the manual way of doing this. I appreciate the response though and I'll definitely let you know if I get it to work. I've been spending more time learning this stuff as of late and really want to get to the point that I can contribute like what you're working on. Now that I've joined one of the forums I can actually start regularly lurking the threads and asking questions ^_^

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
That tool would be amazing! lol, in some ways I'm glad that I have to do it this way because I get to learn the manual way of doing this. I appreciate the response though and I'll definitely let you know if I get it to work. I've been spending more time learning this stuff as of late and really want to get to the point that I can contribute like what you're working on. Now that I've joined one of the forums I can actually start regularly lurking the threads and asking questions ^_^

Yup. And don't hesistate to pm me for anything and I'll help you with whatever I can!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxhound221

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
To anyone who may find this thread at a later time, the 3.0 port was the issue. Just use a 2.0 port and that will do the trick. Thanks a ton Wizzrah!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Would the one I linked to work? It seemed like it would.
You could use that program, but I was referring to something else. I was talking about the toolkit that allows you to do what he wanted to do at the click of a button. It wasn't out at the time. In fact, I'm releasing it this month. I believe I helped him out over email, so the problem was solved. :)

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL

Collin Hajduk

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm also having some issues unlocking the bootloader on my HTC Vivid. I saw you helped that other guy awhile back and I was wondering if you released the toolkit to make it easy. I tried doing it from HTC's website but with no luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699