Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Foxhound221
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Help with HTC Vivid unlocking bootloader

    First off, I would like to apologize if I'm violating any rules by posting this here. Just give me a heads up and I'll try and delete this thread.
    I've been looking all over the place and I can not figure out what it is I'm doing wrong when I go to unlock my bootloader.
    I went to HTC dev and got all the files I needed. When I get to step five, the fastboot oem get_identifier_token command, I input that and it
    gives me waiting on device and that's it. I'm not sure what the issues is but I've been messing with it for a few hours now.
    I have an easy unlock tool that I'm considering using but I'm a little nervous about trying it. Anybody know about whether or not
    I should use this tool or avoid it? My phone is running the 4.0.3 ICS ( I believe those are the right numbers)

    Any ideas guys? I'm a little frazzled but I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing.
    I have rooted one phone before (The htc incredible) so I have a basic idea of what
    I'm doing but by no means am I an expert yet.

    Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

    This is where I found the unlock tool
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Help with HTC Vivid unlocking bootloader

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound221 View Post
    First off, I would like to apologize if I'm violating any rules by posting this here. Just give me a heads up and I'll try and delete this thread.
    I've been looking all over the place and I can not figure out what it is I'm doing wrong when I go to unlock my bootloader.
    I went to HTC dev and got all the files I needed. When I get to step five, the fastboot oem get_identifier_token command, I input that and it
    gives me waiting on device and that's it. I'm not sure what the issues is but I've been messing with it for a few hours now.
    I have an easy unlock tool that I'm considering using but I'm a little nervous about trying it. Anybody know about whether or not
    I should use this tool or avoid it? My phone is running the 4.0.3 ICS ( I believe those are the right numbers)

    Any ideas guys? I'm a little frazzled but I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing.
    I have rooted one phone before (The htc incredible) so I have a basic idea of what
    I'm doing but by no means am I an expert yet.

    Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

    This is where I found the unlock tool
    I am in the process of making a toolkit for the HTC Vivid. At least I know some people still use the device! On that note, when it says "waiting for device" it means that your device is not being read in fastboot. You need the correct drivers, so make sure that you have them. Also try switching usb ports as well. Are you using Windows 7,8, or 8.1?
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Help with HTC Vivid unlocking bootloader

    I'm running windows 7. I may give the switching usb ports a shot, my 3.0 port acts a little weird sometimes.
    Also, on your comment of knowing people still use this phone, I love this phone to death lol, that's why I'm rooting it XD
  4. #4  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Help with HTC Vivid unlocking bootloader

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound221 View Post
    I'm running windows 7. I may give the switching usb ports a shot, my 3.0 port acts a little weird sometimes.
    Also, on your comment of knowing people still use this phone, I love this phone to death lol, that's why I'm rooting it XD
    USB 2.0 has better compatibility with fastboot. USB 3.0 has known issues with fastboot. It's too bad you're doing this before I release my toolkit. All you would of have done is press a couple of buttons and done. Well good luck and let me know if you have anymore trouble!
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Help with HTC Vivid unlocking bootloader

    That tool would be amazing! lol, in some ways I'm glad that I have to do it this way because I get to learn the manual way of doing this. I appreciate the response though and I'll definitely let you know if I get it to work. I've been spending more time learning this stuff as of late and really want to get to the point that I can contribute like what you're working on. Now that I've joined one of the forums I can actually start regularly lurking the threads and asking questions ^_^
  6. #6  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Help with HTC Vivid unlocking bootloader

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound221 View Post
    That tool would be amazing! lol, in some ways I'm glad that I have to do it this way because I get to learn the manual way of doing this. I appreciate the response though and I'll definitely let you know if I get it to work. I've been spending more time learning this stuff as of late and really want to get to the point that I can contribute like what you're working on. Now that I've joined one of the forums I can actually start regularly lurking the threads and asking questions ^_^
    Yup. And don't hesistate to pm me for anything or email me at and I'll help you with whatever I can!

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Help with HTC Vivid unlocking bootloader

    To anyone who may find this thread at a later time, the 3.0 port was the issue. Just use a 2.0 port and that will do the trick. Thanks a ton Wizzrah!
    wizzrah likes this.
  8. #8  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: Help with HTC Vivid unlocking bootloader

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound221 View Post
    To anyone who may find this thread at a later time, the 3.0 port was the issue. Just use a 2.0 port and that will do the trick. Thanks a ton Wizzrah!
    Haha, no problem :P

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One - help attaching several pics to a text
    By speedfreek64 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 03:11 PM
  2. Nexus 7 (2012) Possible help for charging problem
    By Danny Vaper in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 11:43 PM
  3. Brand New HTC One Gold Not Working/Charging
    By Mohsin Mustafa in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 11:59 PM
  4. Help: Issue with Nova Launcher
    By johnny--2k in forum HTC One
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 09:34 PM
  5. T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit 2 4G - Help Please!! Charging issues...
    By bentonboom in forum T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit 2 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

B