1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default android.process.media stopped error after ICS upgrade on Galaxy S Captivate i896

I will start off by saying I am brand new to android and I have mainly been over on Crackberry and all things Blackberry. I was given an i896 Galaxy S Captivate and I immediately started messing with it. I was able to get it upgraded to 4.0.3 ICS but I am getting the message android.process.media has stopped every few seconds, I cannot go into Google Play or Camera and I am not sure what to do. I have tried factory reset but maybe I am doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: android.process.media stopped error after ICS upgrade on Galaxy S Captivate i896

fixed by deleting cache and factory reset

Default Re: android.process.media stopped error after ICS upgrade on Galaxy S Captivate i896

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastjay View Post
    I will start off by saying I am brand new to android and I have mainly been over on Crackberry and all things Blackberry. I was given an i896 Galaxy S Captivate and I immediately started messing with it. I was able to get it upgraded to 4.0.3 ICS but I am getting the message android.process.media has stopped every few seconds, I cannot go into Google Play or Camera and I am not sure what to do. I have tried factory reset but maybe I am doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Solution
    go to settings > application > all > turn off and clear data of 1.media storage. 2.DRM

Default Re: android.process.media stopped error after ICS upgrade on Samsung Galaxy tab 2

Hello! I'm not so good in english. Any way i go to Google Play this text is: android.process.media has stopped. What is this?!

reset!!