Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Enters random characters when I try to text while connected to my laptop

Hi there, I only recently started having this problem. I have a sony ericsson XPERIA pro, and i was trying to text while my phone was connected to my laptop. But every time i try to text random buttons get pressed ( not by me , i can see the random buttons being pressed ) and gibberish gets typed out. Its pretty much impossible to text normally so i have to disconnect it every time i want to text someone. Its really annoying , if anyone knows whats going on and could help me out Id really appreciate it. Thankyou!

Global Posts
    22,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Enters random characters when I try to text while connected to my laptop

Welcome to the forums.
    Is it the stock cable? I have had times when charging with third party chargers, and touch response was screwed up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Enters random characters when I try to text while connected to my laptop

Thankyou for your response. Im sorry Im not really sure what a stock cable is, Im using the cable the phone came with for charging. (If thats what you mean)

Global Posts
    22,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Manaka Piyadasa View Post
    Thankyou for your response. Im sorry Im not really sure what a stock cable is, Im using the cable the phone came with for charging. (If thats what you mean)
    Yup, that is what I meant. Does it happen on your other USB ports?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I just tried using my other two ports, still no difference

Global Posts
    22,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Not sure what else to suggest.

Phone Timeline