I need help with a generic Android Tablet that has the following specs:

Processor: 1 GHz Cortex-A8
Operating System: Android OS 4.0
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Micro SD Card: Up to 32 GB
Display: 7" inch, 800x480 resolution
Connectivity: Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g
USB: Mini-USB 2.0

I can't find anything for this tablet, so I'd need generic drivers and software. A friend of mine had a Chinese firm design just 1000 prototypes of this for the low end market, so it has no support available.

I need the forum members to help me obtain root access to the device and to then either reinstall OS 4.0.3 on or upgrade it to 4.4.2 (provided the upgrade won't slow it down further).

I'd need the following help in specific.

1- I have an Innosoul 7" Tablet with the following specifications.

Processor: 1 GHz Cortex-A8
Operating System: Android OS 4.0
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Micro SD Card: Up to 32 GB
Display: 7" inch, 800x480 resolution
Connectivity: Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g
USB: Mini-USB 2.0

2- I can't get a Software Debugging USB driver, Firmware, or even an OS 4.4.2 upgrade for it.

3- I presented an ASUS TF 700 to a kid because I don't have much use for Tablet except for reading books for which this particular tablet suffices.

4- I need to:

a) root this to overcome the memory limitations and have additional software installed on the SD Card.

b) stop the android keyboard from suggesting words to me. I have disabled auto corrections and word suggestions, but the keyboard still lags behind my key strokes and keeps on tying the wrong letters because I I believe the keyboard to be still working on word suggestions which slows it down. It most probably doesn't the word suggestions to me because I've chosen the option to hide them.

i)to install OTA and System Update services because I stopped these to conserve the memory, and there isn't an option to unable them. These might be prevent the system from essential updates.

5- I'd need help from the forum members to reinstall OS 4.0.3 or the OS to upgrade it to 4.4.2.

6- I first need root access to this device. This device is either a replica of the Innovatek Innosoul or the Eken T01.

7- I don't believe in upgrading the tablet because I only use it for rudimentary book reading, so I'm stuck with this junk. I'd bought the ASUS TF 700(Jelly Bean)for $700 because it had better specs than the iPad 4) with the docking station but I still could not even perform word, spreadsheet or presentation processing on it. I do most of my work on the phone, the laptop and the PC.

I need the forum members to help me obtain root access to the device and to then either reinstall OS 4.0.3 on or upgrade it to 4.4.2 (provided the upgrade won't slow it down further). I can't find anything for this tablet, so I'd need generic drivers and software. A friend of mine had a Chinese firm design just 1000 prototypes of this for the low end market, so it has no support available.

rooterrooter

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I just rooted my old 7" Innovatek Innosoul with ICS 4.0.3 and the same specs as yours with the new towelroot rooter (towelroot.com), mostly just to see if I could.
It worked like a charm. In fact, it was easier and smoother than rooting my Asus MemoPad ME301T!
I also installed app mover, app2sd, Supersu and Titanium Backup Pro.
I was able to delete unwanted/unneeded apps and transfer a lot of apps to the SD card freeing up space on the rom.
I also changed the keyboard response to 100.
The tablet is now humming right along (as well as it can with it's limited hardware). There is no keyboard lag at all anymore, apps open and close very quickly, no lag when turning pages while reading books and no Candy Crush game lag! :)

I am still on the lookout for a generic upgrade from 4.0.3, but the tablet is running smoothly and doing everything I want it to do quite well. I would be happy to leave it just the way it is at this point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance