Photos Return After Being Deleted - Kyocera Event Firmware 4.0.4

weaverquentin

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased a Kyocera Event device with Android Ice Cream Sandwich. It is a fairly low budget device so its specs aren't the best and due to the low cost I have no complaints. Except for one. This may just be my device but I have a feeling it has to do with firmware, not sure though. I have way to many pictures that I've accidentally took, were to blurry, or downloaded from some app that I would like to delete. So I do, but they end up right back where they were in a couple minutes. I've tried unsyncing with Google, heck, my Sync option is COMPLETELY OFF. I've also uninstalled the Google+ updates to get rid of the "Photos" app, so it's not that backing them up. All my other backup settings are OFF.. I just don't know what to do anymore. The only way I've discovered to get rid of them is to factory reset, and I'm not about to do that every time I take a bad photo. Pretty much any help is greatly appreciated, and any additional information you need to know is fine with me. Thanks.

Amy Podsiadlo

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same phone and have been trying to solve this same problem since December. It's so frustrating! I've had them send me a new phone, same problem. I delete the data from the gallery under apps and the pictures don't come back, instead little black squares come back in their place. I've tried contacting Kyocera...they told me no one else has reported this problem and now they don't even get back to me anymore! If you come across a solution I'd really appreciate it if you let me know! And as you can see Im still searching too. My email is apeechez02@yahoo.com. if you wanna send me yours Ill gladly let you know if I find anything out.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the same phone and have been trying to solve this same problem since December. It's so frustrating! I've had them send me a new phone, same problem. I delete the data from the gallery under apps and the pictures don't come back, instead little black squares come back in their place. I've tried contacting Kyocera...they told me no one else has reported this problem and now they don't even get back to me anymore! If you come across a solution I'd really appreciate it if you let me know! And as you can see Im still searching too. My email is apeechez02@yahoo.com. if you wanna send me yours Ill gladly let you know if I find anything out.

Can you permanently delete the photos by connecting the phone to your PC?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

weaverquentin

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have tried this and no luck. I deleted a couple of images but once back on the device, the pictures were still there. I have rooted my phone, if that opens ANY more options it would be great.

weaverquentin

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I do this too, but then it removes my music and pictures all together for about an hour, then brings them back with the pictures deleted. This would be great if it didn't take hours to get back the things I didn't delete. And when they do come back, the thumbnail is a whole different picture than when you tap on it, say I have two images. I would see IMAGE 2 and click on it, but it would display IMAGE 1. But I will complain no further as it's better than no solution at all. Thank you for sharing your findings, I appreciate it! :)

brianboyns

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I had all of these problems and none of the solutions helped..... Until I just uninstalled the google+ updates back to factory settings and BAM! No more bs. Been annoying. Try that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret