Hello, this is my first post so I'll try my best at explaining my situation. I recently got my brothers old HTC Thunderbolt as a gift, when I got it I looked around and internally of what needed updates and what not. What I have found out is the Android version is outdated (I really mean outdated; still running on gingerbread 2.3.7) and it also has the Cyanogen Mod 7 as well. My question is there a way to get an update because with Cyanogen Mod 7 running in the phone it feels like the updates are not provided. Though if I need to unroot the phone to get updates or any other way that is proven to be successful, post a link of where I should go.

Thank you
    03-21-2014 03:08 PM
    Hello, this is my first post so I'll try my best at explaining my situation. I recently got my brothers old HTC Thunderbolt as a gift, when I got it I looked around and internally of what needed updates and what not. What I have found out is the Android version is outdated (I really mean outdated; still running on gingerbread 2.3.7) and it also has the Cyanogen Mod 7 as well. My question is there a way to get an update because with Cyanogen Mod 7 running in the phone it feels like the updates are not provided. Though if I need to unroot the phone to get updates or any other way that is proven to be successful, post a link of where I should go.

Thank you
    You'll need to restore the phone back to stock. Since you are rooted you can find a more current ROM to update to if that's an option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Thank you
    You'll need to restore the phone back to stock. Since you are rooted you can find a more current ROM to update to if that's an option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    03-28-2014 06:54 PM