Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Help me with HTC Thunderbolt update?

Hello, this is my first post so I'll try my best at explaining my situation. I recently got my brothers old HTC Thunderbolt as a gift, when I got it I looked around and internally of what needed updates and what not. What I have found out is the Android version is outdated (I really mean outdated; still running on gingerbread 2.3.7) and it also has the Cyanogen Mod 7 as well. My question is there a way to get an update because with Cyanogen Mod 7 running in the phone it feels like the updates are not provided. Though if I need to unroot the phone to get updates or any other way that is proven to be successful, post a link of where I should go.

Thank you
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusson HB Computer View Post
    Hello, this is my first post so I'll try my best at explaining my situation. I recently got my brothers old HTC Thunderbolt as a gift, when I got it I looked around and internally of what needed updates and what not. What I have found out is the Android version is outdated (I really mean outdated; still running on gingerbread 2.3.7) and it also has the Cyanogen Mod 7 as well. My question is there a way to get an update because with Cyanogen Mod 7 running in the phone it feels like the updates are not provided. Though if I need to unroot the phone to get updates or any other way that is proven to be successful, post a link of where I should go.

Thank you
    You'll need to restore the phone back to stock. Since you are rooted you can find a more current ROM to update to if that's an option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    10,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: HTC Thunderbolt update help.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusson HB Computer View Post

Thank you
    You'll need to restore the phone back to stock. Since you are rooted you can find a more current ROM to update to if that's an option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app