Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Storage problem on 4.0.3 please help

I have a Acer iconia a200 and I keep having to reset it because after about a day of use I keep getting "low disk space" etc I cannot download apps I got one or two at the moment and in settings under apps it says 5.3 or so gb used. It makes no sense the numbers don't add up.

If I go to storage in settings where it says "downloads" it calculated about 4.7 gb. When I click, it says "no downloads". So I'm so confused why am I out of space when i downloaded almost nothing.

The only possible explanation is I have downloaded or played/streamed tv shows. If thats the case and there is 4.7 gb in downloads then why does it says "no downloads" ?

Sorry for the bad grammar etc. I'm just up till 630am here and typing without a keyboard any help would be great again Im using a version 4.0.3 most up to date software for this model Acer iconia a200 8gb storage. Almost nothing is on this but I keep running out of space without a way to clear it I have no idea why.

Apologize if this was hard to read. I am continuing to try and fix this

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Storage problem on 4.0.3 please help

Quote Originally Posted by RoundTwo View Post
    I have a Acer iconia a200 and I keep having to reset it because after about a day of use I keep getting "low disk space" etc I cannot download apps I got one or two at the moment and in settings under apps it says 5.3 or so gb used. It makes no sense the numbers don't add up.

If I go to storage in settings where it says "downloads" it calculated about 4.7 gb. When I click, it says "no downloads". So I'm so confused why am I out of space when i downloaded almost nothing.

The only possible explanation is I have downloaded or played/streamed tv shows. If thats the case and there is 4.7 gb in downloads then why does it says "no downloads" ?

Sorry for the bad grammar etc. I'm just up till 630am here and typing without a keyboard any help would be great again Im using a version 4.0.3 most up to date software for this model Acer iconia a200 8gb storage. Almost nothing is on this but I keep running out of space without a way to clear it I have no idea why.

Apologize if this was hard to read. I am continuing to try and fix this
    Welcome to the forums!

Storage for downloads and Storage for applications are two different things. You must have a storage issue with the available memory for applications. The temporary fix is to go into Settings > Applications > Sort by Size. Clear the cache for the top apps that are consuming the most memory. Again, this is a temporary fix as you'll have the same problem when available storage runs out. I would suggest deleting any unused apps that are consuming lots of memory.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default Re: Storage problem on 4.0.3 please help

Try CleanMaster. It can delete cache, detect large files and show a list of apps arranged by size or name.