Are there any apps that would allow me to keep my wifi on a timer?

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Wifi- keep deep sleep at night and on during selected day hours

I am running stock android 4.0.4. I am utilizing my tablet with a house/system remote control app so I would like wifi to stay on during certain evening hours, but then after a particular hour I still want the device to turn off wifi and go into deep sleep. Then the next day when I first use the device within the early evening hours, I want wifi to stay on for 4 or 5 hours, again until a set hour and then after that wifi should turn off and the device should go into deep sleep.

I have tried all types of wifi and battery save apps. From what I can tell, if the tablet is set to allow wifi to turn off, those apps don't seem to turn wifi on if the device is off, and keep wifi on during the hours I want it to. Or if I keep wifi on, or don't allow it to sleep, of course then wifi won't allow deep sleep on the device and battery drains.

Any suggestions for an app that would do this? Is what I want to do even possible?
BJB1

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi- keep deep sleep at night and on during selected day hours

I am running stock android 4.0.4. I am utilizing my tablet with a house/system remote control app so I would like wifi to stay on during certain evening hours, but then after a particular hour I still want the device to turn off wifi and go into deep sleep. Then the next day when I first use the device within the early evening hours, I want wifi to stay on for 4 or 5 hours, again until a set hour and then after that wifi should turn off and the device should go into deep sleep.

I have tried all types of wifi and battery save apps. From what I can tell, if the tablet is set to allow wifi to turn off, those apps don't seem to turn wifi on if the device is off, and keep wifi on during the hours I want it to. Or if I keep wifi on, or don't allow it to sleep, of course then wifi won't allow deep sleep on the device and battery drains.

Any suggestions for an app that would do this? Is what I want to do even possible?
BJB1

I think Tasker is the app you are looking for. That is a paid app, but not bad, only 3 or 4 dollars.

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

I think Tasker is the app you are looking for. That is a paid app, but not bad, only 3 or 4 dollars.

Greetings,
I actually am trying Tasker out. Any suggestions on what logic path would work? I have found some examples online but not anything that would do what I want.
Easiest would be...."keep wi-fi active for 3 hours after device is turned on even if the screen is turned off for more than 15 minutes".....
But then there has to be a command to say, turn wi-fi Off...even if the screen is turned on.

That is what I have not been able to figure out with tasker but that might be a question for another post/forum.

Thanks,
BJB1

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Greetings,
I actually am trying Tasker out. Any suggestions on what logic path would work? I have found some examples online but not anything that would do what I want.
Easiest would be...."keep wi-fi active for 3 hours after device is turned on even if the screen is turned off for more than 15 minutes".....
But then there has to be a command to say, turn wi-fi Off...even if the screen is turned on.

That is what I have not been able to figure out with tasker but that might be a question for another post/forum.

Thanks,
BJB1

Unfortunately, I haven't downloaded Tasker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae