Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need App help for a cheap tablet

Where I work we are trying very hard to go paperless, and I was wondering if there was an app that could read Excel files, and then after changes are made save that file to the server. I am using ES File Explorer right now and so far it can read files on the server, but cannot save them. Every time I try and save files I edit, it just saves them to internal storage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and while I would like any solutions my company would love to save money and use free Apps. This new idea will have to be implemented on at least 50 tablets, so we will be trying to save some money in certain areas.

Global Posts
    17,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Need App help for a cheap tablet

Quote Originally Posted by StevenMayo View Post
    Where I work we are trying very hard to go paperless, and I was wondering if there was an app that could read Excel files, and then after changes are made save that file to the server. I am using ES File Explorer right now and so far it can read files on the server, but cannot save them. Every time I try and save files I edit, it just saves them to internal storage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and while I would like any solutions my company would love to save money and use free Apps. This new idea will have to be implemented on at least 50 tablets, so we will be trying to save some money in certain areas.
    I really like Kingsoft Office. Free on Play, and the free version allows to edit documents. It can also read most if not all MS formats. I liek Kingsoft so much, that I downloaded it for my PC.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Need App help for a cheap tablet

Thank you for the reply, I will try this one out.