Ok, so this phone was brought to me and all we want to do is move pictures off the internal storage and onto an sd card so that we don't lose said pictures. However, the phone itself has an issue that makes it restart itself within the first 20-30 seconds of it being on. It's not stuck in a boot loop where you just see the samsung logo and doesn't proceed from there, the phone fully turns on and you can use it, but within 30 seconds it auto shuts down and restarts and the only way to exit this endless loop is to either shut the phone off and hope it doesn't restart itself during the shut down process or pull the battery to kill it.

Mainly I'm looking for one of two things, either I need advice as to what may be causing the phone to restart so I can move the pictures off the internal storage, or I need to find a way to access the internal storage with the phone itself being off, if that's even possible at all.
    05-25-2016 12:58 PM
    2 is impossible without an external device that you'll pay an arm and leg for and use once. 1 is possible, depending on the cause. Plug in a charger, leave it charging for 24 hours, then try transferring the files while the charger is still plugged in.
    05-25-2016 02:50 PM
    Ok, so this phone was brought to me and all we want to do is move pictures off the internal storage and onto an sd card so that we don't lose said pictures. However, the phone itself has an issue that makes it restart itself within the first 20-30 seconds of it being on. It's not stuck in a boot loop where you just see the samsung logo and doesn't proceed from there, the phone fully turns on and you can use it, but within 30 seconds it auto shuts down and restarts and the only way to exit this endless loop is to either shut the phone off and hope it doesn't restart itself during the shut down process or pull the battery to kill it. Mainly I'm looking for one of two things, either I need advice as to what may be causing the phone to restart so I can move the pictures off the internal storage, or I need to find a way to access the internal storage with the phone itself being off, if that's even possible at all.
    06-15-2016 02:08 PM