Update to Android 4.0.4 possible?

pilzen

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a Consumer Cellular Huawei Vision (Huawei u8687) with 4.0.4. There are no more updates within the 4.0 series, but is it feasible to update to 4.2, 4.4 or beyond with this model? If it is relevant, I'm using only off-line apps at this point, to minimize data usage.

If so, is there a way to do it easily, without having to hire a part-time hacker?

Also, if it is possible to update, would I see a noticeable difference in the camera with a later version?

Thanks for any help!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You won't see much of an improvement with the camera, at 3 MP the camera in that phone has a lower resolution than many recent front-facing cameras.

That phone, while only released 3 years ago, appears to be static at ICS (4.0, 4.0.4 in your case), unless you want to start playing with installing custom ROMs.

Mpathic

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I have LG 370 Venice with 4.0.4.
Cs insists I can upgrade to later version offered
OTA.
Tried numerous times and doesn't take.
Lg monicker is LG730Zv5, currently.
Update is LG730ZV8.
All phone does is reboot to that Android with Dodecahedron spinning in it's stomach.
When I hit home button, it shows search for image file in sdcard, cache etchas failed.
Thenjust takes an inordinate amount of time to revert to normalcy...if it does without
intervention from me in the form of pulling the battery.

There are a couple of other issues but this one will suffice for the time being.

Thanks for any insight.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It appears that Jellybean is available (4.1.2 actually) but that was a time when LG wasn't open in providing full ROMs for users to flash on devices themselves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae