Siri vs. Google Search (Jelly Bean)

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Siri actually does suck! Google Now blows it away....

Who's ready to hear about Apple suing Google over Google Now??

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
"Incredibly impressive here what Google has done. [...] If voice assistant was one of the big reasons you were going to consider an iPhone 4S, you might want to look at a Galaxy Nexus..."

And they're still both 'beta products.' ;)

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Nice. Now let's get it on our phones.

Bu what about texting or emailing or making a phone call. He didn't show that. I think those are more common tasks than asking how tall Kobe is.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't get her to fail me. She even sounds way hotter than Siri :) Seriously, I never thought there would be a day when I didn't think of voice command/search as a gimmick that I'd use. That day has passed.

quamdar

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDsOtdRtG0Q[/YT]

Definitely pretty neat, personally I don't see myself using it very often if at all though.

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Google really knows what they're doing! They make these great updates and whoop apple in every way. Also they didn't suddenly jump it to 5.0 like ios "6" :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Google really knows what they're doing! They make these great updates and whoop apple in every way. Also they didn't suddenly jump it to 5.0 like ios "6" :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Versioning numbers depends on development organization, younger Chrome for example is on version 20.0 right now, Linux was 2.x for.. over 15 years :p

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You find yourself using it all the time, don't you? I almost don't use the browser anymore and just go straight through Google Now. I've had so many people ask me why I'm returning my S3 for an unlocked Nexus and this is a huge, huge part of it.

Jelly Bean makes the Galaxy Nexus a contender again. Google Now and Google Voice Search trump anything the S3 or the One X has to offer. Then I remember I get to enjoy all that with stock Android, a UI that is much faster and smoother now thanks to Project Butter. Switching back to the Galaxy Nexus was a no-brainer for me.

Igothakrull

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am really pumped up for this! Finally apple have nothing left that actually is better than what Google have on android!

Skickat fr?n min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You find yourself using it all the time, don't you? I almost don't use the browser anymore and just go straight through Google Now. I've had so many people ask me why I'm returning my S3 for an unlocked Nexus and this is a huge, huge part of it.

Jelly Bean makes the Galaxy Nexus a contender again. Google Now and Google Voice Search trump anything the S3 or the One X has to offer. Then I remember I get to enjoy all that with stock Android, a UI that is much faster and smoother now thanks to Project Butter. Switching back to the Galaxy Nexus was a no-brainer for me.

But those features will eventually reach S3 and One X anyway, including "Project Butter" which is improvement in Android UI drawing system.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

The short hands-on videos like the one in the OP are good demonstrations, but this is truly impressive. Your move, Siri.

But those features will eventually reach S3 and One X anyway, including "Project Butter" which is improvement in Android UI drawing system.

Emphasis added. ;) That's the main point there -- there's a significant delay unless you're willing and able to unlock your phone and "deal with" ROMs. Furthermore, I'm not quite sure that all of these features will, with manufacturers such as Samsung starting to add their own (albeit very poor quality) versions of voice input and search.

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
something to keep in mind with Google Now, is that it isn't aimed at being a personal assistant in your phone, but does allow for limited functionality like setting appointments, and that sort of thing. it's meant to get information to you. Siri is aimed at being a personal assistant, part of which includes giving you information you ask it for.

so it's only natural that Google smokes Siri at retrieving information from the web, whereas Siri probably has a bigger number of actions/tasks it can perform for you. (for now)

i think Google will position Now like that for a while and continue improving and speeding up how it works before adding in more personal assistant features. this is a HUGE first step- especially for being a x.1 release over ICS. just imagine what they'll do with 4.2 or 4.3...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol