Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean Voice Commands

for comparision between voice commands of Jelly Bean and Siri please visit :

Apple's iOS 6 Siri Vs Android's Jelly Bean Voice Recognition ~ Everything About Tech

I found this, it's very useful.. let's try.. List Of Google Now Commands & Smart Cards [Android]
    Thanked by:
    Great Googley Moogley!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

They just added "Post [...] to Google Plus" or "Post to Google Plus [...]."

Quote Originally Posted by mroddriguez View Post
    I found this, it's very useful.. let's try.. List Of Google Now Commands & Smart Cards [Android]
    The "listen" or "play" commands do not work. All it does is search the web.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

I am having the same issue. Can't seem to find anything online that will help.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linebarrel86 View Post
    Google needs to urgently add a function for adding events to the calendar by voice.

when asking Google Now to add to the calendar or check my calendar, it brings up web searches.

it does however add the card to the stream for events already in the calendar.
    Seems to work for me... "I have a meeting at 1pm on Monday. Can you add it to the calendar?". Also did "add to the calendar Time Warner Cable is coming on Thursday at 5pm".

I'm on 4.2 with my Nexus 4.
    Thanked by:

Can you tell it to play a track?
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Does anyone know how to get voice commands to play music from your phone after the update? I say "play <artist> or play <song> or play <playlist> or play <ANYTHING> and all I get is Google Now asking if I'd like to use YouTube to look up my artist/song. I do not have the option to pick 'Google Play' or Pandora or Slacker... How the heck do I get those options back??????? (Note: 'listen to' also does the same).

Droid RAZR original. Android ver 4.1.2. System ver 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Any and all comments are welcome

Thanks
    Last edited by Bryan Garo; 03-19-2013 at 08:45 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linebarrel86 View Post
    Google needs to urgently add a function for adding events to the calendar by voice.

when asking Google Now to add to the calendar or check my calendar, it brings up web searches.

it does however add the card to the stream for events already in the calendar.

try:

"make an event to take out the dog"

puts an event in my calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Garo View Post
    Does anyone know how to get voice commands to play music from your phone after the update? I say "play <artist> or play <song> or play <playlist> or play <ANYTHING> and all I get is Google Now asking if I'd like to use YouTube to look up my artist/song. I do not have the option to pick 'Google Play' or Pandora or Slacker... How the heck do I get those options back??????? (Note: 'listen to' also does the same).

Droid RAZR original. Android ver 4.1.2. System ver 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Any and all comments are welcome

Thanks
    Yeah I have the same problem. It worked before, right?

Very nice information sharing. Due to these using the android is very easy and facilitating more applications , thanks for this thread.

Traffic to [name of place of destination]. Shows map with traffic overlay and travel time given current traffic conditions.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123