Unknown Error code during application install: "-24" Help?

douglas cool

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unknown Error code during application install: "-24"

Hey man I have the same problem do you know how to take it off I'm trying to install pocket edition plz repond :-\

Last edited by a moderator:

dayson66

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
re: Unknown Error code during application install: "-24" Help?

the error code 24 just sucks it wont let me download minecraft do you guys know how to fix it!!!!!

peytonel

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

the error code 24 just sucks it wont let me download minecraft do you guys know how to fix it!!!!!

Yes, remove your Google account from your device, reboot, and add it back.

Posted via Android Central App

Maryjean Caballero

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

Hi!
I want to reinstall skype in my samsung galaxy tab 7.7, but each time I go to google play store to install the skype.....error code application installation "-24" appear. Please help me?!

Richard Sumner

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've got a new phone with 4.2 with similar problems. When I try to install Skype or Kindle, the download works fine but then when the system tries to install, I get the message that the package is invalid and that ends the install. I read the message about doing a factory reset and gritted my teeth about all the data loss and did it anyway. I then tried installing Skype and Kindle but still no luck - got the same error as before. I also tried to download ROM toolbox and It had the same fate as Skype and Kindle. Other than that, the phone works great. I can do Oovoo instead of Skype but there does not appear to be a replacement for Kindle. (Does anyone know of any???? (PS: eBooks is not a substitute)). It plays movies well and hi-fi sound is terrific. Oh yeah, it also does phone calls well but who really cares about that? Help, what I need is either a substitute for Kindle or a way to install it on Android 4.2.
Thanks for reading!
R

Thank you everyone,
I just got a successful download and install of Kindle by going to settings>applications>playstore>clear cache and then tried an install and it worked. I guess that this is one of those problems that appears to be caused by Android not quite cleaning up after itself and by doing various things, the next process may work. In other words (kind words), Android code needs some polishing.

Best wishes,
Richard

hameedullahbabar

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Heyy friends i also gave 24 code issue in instoling skype..i uptade android version and now skype didnt instoling. so how can i fix this in samsung galaxy tab 2. i face problem in it.

I also have this problem...

chytroun

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

bull****! The restart doesn?t work, nor the deleting of data/data, nor restore to fabric. You just have a luck, but no one of you solve the problem

lijujoy

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

how to solve this problom samsung galaxy s3 mini unknown error during application install:919 pls anybody help me

wafkey

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

When I try to download new apps from Google Play, it reaches 100% and then shows me a error that says:

Unknown error code during application install: "919"

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

deleting the data/data/ entry worked for another app for me too :D

How do I do this? I do not want to factory days reset and have the same problem

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Geoffrey Rogers

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I just got this msg after I accidentally uninstalled Yahoo Mail & tried to reinstall it. This is on HTC One X. Yes I know it's a discontinued phone. But AT&T screwed my upgrade. Supposed to be in May but now they pushed it back to October. I'm not a fan of ICS 4.1.1 if can help plz lemme know

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

This happened to me today after I switched to ART and then went back to Davlik because I wanted to use Whatsapp, which did not work with Kit-kat. When I tried to reinstall Whatsapp, I kept getting error message 24. I have not seen anybody mention this online and I have been looking all day.

I decided to go to settings, apps, download manager and clear data.

After this, I tried to download Whatsapp once again and it finally worked.

aj11094

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

I have a nexus 5 (non rooted), I installed asphalt 8 and decided to download the mod apk with money hack, got the error apk not installed and can't install the apk from play store due to error 24, there is no gameloft folder in data either. can anybody help

bgoman9

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Could someone walk me through this? I can't find the data/data folder on my GS4. Looked in the my files application but got nothing.

Would like to do it without a factory reset or rooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

viren89

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Okay I'll type different methods- Guys/Girls read this

Step 1

Are you rooted ? Yes ? > Download ES File Manager > Go to Android Folder > Data Folder > Data > Delete that Specific folder/app you are trying to reinstall .

Sometimes the folder just doesn't appear then you are just out of luck.

Step 2

Not Rooted ? > Settings > Application Manager > Google Play store (click on it) > Press Clear Data > Press Clear Cache > Restart Phone

Step 3

Not Rooted ? > Settings > Application Manager > Google Play store (click on it) > Press Clear Data > Press Clear Cache > Go back > Go to Accounts > Remove Google Account > Restart phone >

Phone on > Add Google Account again > Try installing it again.

Now if these steps don't work and you cannot live without the app

Step 4

Format Phone as in Factory Reset > Yes you will lose all your data.

My phone worked after trying Step 2 and I was able to install Zedge app but that method didn't work for theChive app. I do not want to Root or Factory reset my phone so I would live without the app lol

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately for me, clearing out cache and data for both Play Store & Google Play Services hasn't worked. Neither has rebooting into recovery to wipe cache & dalvik. And neither has wiping the device completely (and thus reinstalling the ROM); I'm on an LG Optimus S. ICS (4.0-4.0.4) didn't have this problem, but JB (4.1-4.2.2) DID have this problem (encountered in CM10, CM10.1, & SlimBean). It may just be a matter that affects JB & KitKat - I'm currently running CM11 and the problem is still there...along with "Package File is Invalid" and other errors.

For the most part, rooting your device, getting an app like ES File Explorer or Root Browser, going into /data/data and deleting the app folders is the only alternative...which isn't exactly a surefire thing. (For me, this worked for Zenonia 3-5, but not for Facebook or Inotia 4, for example.)

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae