Unknown Error code during application install: "-24" Help?

Requiem Mortis

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
re: Unknown Error code during application install: "-24" Help?

I had a this error when trying to install Worms 2 Armageddon.....deleting data/data entry for the app cleared it thanks

mahiyakanamansana

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

I just thought about this awhile ago and this solution worked out for me. You should try it yourself.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S4

Go to Application Manager>All>Contacts Storage. Press clear data.

Hope it works for you.

Kenneth Jorgensen

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

Thanks a bunch been through hell with this one. Startet as a insufficient storage problem, but finally i narrowed it down to one app (clean master) which wouldn't install. Tampered with thew folders and as soon as i got the -24 error code, you guys pulled me through! Happy easter!

MaacGyver

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unknown Error code during application install: "-24"

I had this problem with my TF700T. Skype and a few other programs uninstalled themselves, showing this error when reinstalling was attempted. I was able to correct it by running the recovery tool (Hold Power & Vol. Down when off to boot, then press Vol. Up to select the first option,"RCK".), All programs were able to be installed correctly without wiping data. If your device has this option, I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Ninad Thakare

May 17, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I too got the same "error code-24 " while installing the app. I dont see any /data/data folder. Its just /data, & I cant afford to make it root, as its my dam new Nexus 5. Any other solution rather than Root.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

This happened to me today after I switched to ART and then went back to Davlik because I wanted to use Whatsapp, which did not work with Kit-kat. When I tried to reinstall Whatsapp, I kept getting error message 24. I have not seen anybody mention this online and I have been looking all day.

I decided to go to settings, apps, download manager and clear data.

After this, I tried to download Whatsapp once again and it finally worked.

This worked for me. There's a lot messages on this thread, so not sure if you read them all.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1401364154803.jpg
    1401364154803.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 12

snoopy2210

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

My minecraft won't download I mean I tryed downloadling the new minecraft and it says error code 24

Toohey Bell

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I factor reset but same thing happened

I just thought about this awhile ago and this solution worked out for me. You should try it yourself.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S4

Go to Application Manager>All>Contacts Storage. Press clear data.

Hope it works for you.
I tryed that and still have error 24

Last edited by a moderator:

Abdul Meyer

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

I tryed that and still have error 24
I have a Sony Xperia Z1 Kitkat 4.4.2
What worked for me was searching in the data/data folder for any references of the installation folder/file.
In my case i had an issue with Ice age.
The installation folder is called -> com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftIAHM
I searched for IAHM
found 1 file -> deleted the file
tried to install again and it worked.

c3ajeff

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I have a [rooted] Samsung Galaxy Note II. I recently went from 4.1.1 to 4.4.3 with a cyano ROM update. Everything - I mean everything went perfect except Facebook wouldn't install. (Code -29) I did all the things suggested in the thread but none worked - not even a factory reset, and here's why: I had my backup settings set up to restore my apps automatically - and it restored the corrupted app (Facebook in this case) right after after the factory wipe. So, once I figured that out... I simply unchecked the restore automatically and the first thing I did was install Facebook. Then I set it to restore and rebooted and wha-lah - joy!

Frank Piscitelli

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

I ran into the same issue last night after uninstalling/reinstalling Words with Friends. The reason I uninstalled it was because after adding random people to play I kept getting the "Words has stopped" error, so I cleared the cache, uninstalled/reinstalled, but I couldn't get past the downloading process because the "Unknown error code during application install -24". Before I emailed Google Play I searched the problem online. I did the following steps: Cleared cache/data in Google Play and the Download Manager,uninstalled updates, went to Accounts > Google > Accounts > removed account. Then, I rebooted the phone, added my account again, went to try and download/install Words with Friends --- issue unresolved. When I went to the Google Play website to check it showed Words with Friends as being installed. Hmm? I even tried switching to another G-mail account..same issue. Actually that is what the lady said that's what could be causing the issue. I doubt that because I never used my other G-mail account to download apps. I am using an un-rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 with the latest software updates. Is there anything else I could do?

Thanks,

Frank

Last edited:

Alpesh Patel2

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

I ry to Install Es File Explore after updating Android Kitkat 4.4.2 but from Google store Error -24 come and install other source App not Installed msg reflect. Please help me.

RJ Taleha Khan

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

I faced this problem as well for many apps that I had to install for first time and also some apps i uninstalled.These apps included Instagram.I am using Samsung Note#2 and have the Kitkat 4.4.2 in my phone.

You can follow these steps and it will surely work:

Goto File Manager>data>data delete your com.android.<app-name> file , i deleted all files here though.
Repeat this in your SD card as well.

Goto Settings>Application Manager

Select all applications

Now goto com.android.<app-name> , this will be a service file of 0 bytes but this bothers your installation.

Now using CleanMaster , remove the residual files of your app you wish to install.

Restart your phone.

And now you can install the application.

110 percent it will work.

On many forums its mentioned to clean the download manager data and contacts storage data , which even I did but it did not work. Don't do that else you will unneccesarily have to backup/loose data.

Frank Piscitelli

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

I followed those steps and I don't see the com.android. for the game I want to reinstall. The game is actually uninstalled on the phone, but it is still showing as installed on the Google Play Store desktop version.
I faced this problem as well for many apps that I had to install for first time and also some apps i uninstalled.These apps included Instagram.I am using Samsung Note#2 and have the Kitkat 4.4.2 in my phone.

You can follow these steps and it will surely work:

Goto File Manager>data>data delete your com.android.<app-name> file , i deleted all files here though.
Repeat this in your SD card as well.

Goto Settings>Application Manager

Select all applications

Now goto com.android.<app-name> , this will be a service file of 0 bytes but this bothers your installation.

Now using CleanMaster , remove the residual files of your app you wish to install.

Restart your phone.

And now you can install the application.

110 percent it will work.

On many forums its mentioned to clean the download manager data and contacts storage data , which even I did but it did not work. Don't do that else you will unneccesarily have to backup/loose data.

momof2fl

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

Maybe a stupid question... but, how do i do this?!?! :'(
I dont find com.android.whatsapp on the list

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool