Unknown Error code during application install: "-24" Help?

vivaldibow

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Solved the problem eventually by resetting the phone without deleting important data. HTC Sense has such a function. Needed to backup the contacts, SMS, Calendar, etc by Easy Backup. Now it works.

Teosto

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Note 2 here. FB messenger started acting up so I ended up uninstalling it. Reinstalling afterwards gave me -24.

Tried emptying all FB related folders Astro file manager found me. As I'm unrooted my /data folder showed to be empty.

Tried clearing data on both Google Play Store and Download Manager but neither helped.

Trying to find a fix and will post back here if I do.

Rada Radmilevich

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Note 2 here. FB messenger started acting up so I ended up uninstalling it. Reinstalling afterwards gave me -24.

Tried emptying all FB related folders Astro file manager found me. As I'm unrooted my /data folder showed to be empty.

Tried clearing data on both Google Play Store and Download Manager but neither helped.

Trying to find a fix and will post back here if I do.

Got the same problem, any solution please? :)

thegameksk

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Im having this problem with uber. I tried the solutions here and they didnt work. I didnt see any uber files using root file explorer. It was working fine but I syopped using it so I erased it. Now I cant get it back on my phone. Does anyone know the names that I should be looking for? Thanks

Last edited:

Doris Edwards

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
all of my apps keeps saying "unfortunately ____ has stopped." they won't open, just keep closing. and Google play won't let me download any apps. I'm getting aggravated.

hayat hasan

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Hello Friend,

You need to clear the cache the play store apps
after that trying to download the new apps in the mobile, than you will definitely installed the apps in the android mobile.
Hi I have a problem on downloading
Facebook messenger and I don't know how to fix
When I tried to download it says
Unknown error code during application install -24 can you help me

Kian Nie Yeap

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
i encountered this after i factory reset and try to instal whatapss and we chat.. i have tried to clear data on google play ,tried to look for data/app name but all failed.. finay solved when i did the factory rest second time, and untick the box for restore the account from google.. and finaly it works

Michael Mebert

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue with the radio-app from di.fm
i did really every thing mentioned here except factory reset.
even cleared dalvik Cache and Cache Partition from recovery menu
nothing worked..

NOW I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!

the problem is caused by a left folder and a file in it.

the folder is NORMALY located in the data/data directory and you can identfy it by the name of the app in this case com.AUDIOADDICTS...blablabla.

but there was none.
now i remembered that i once experimented with "Link2sd" to move big apps on my external card.

so i was not quite shure wether i did this to this app too i go to the program link2sd moved all apps back to the phone and after restart i go there "menu>clear second partition."

and in deed there was a file called "....audioaddicts... DEX" in the list of useless files left on the sd after moving all apps back (a dex file...hahaha...which is for shure write protected and a folder where it was located in i guess)

i cleared this...restarted..
pahpah... :)))
no problems anymore installing it right from google store.

so after all i am convinced that in the end all those errors-24 are due to such not overwriteable rests from the original app.
because i think a lot of people also using such "app2sd-software" i think a lot of them also forget about this when having this error and i guess a lot of applications do not support being correctly updated there on an sd-card.

and i am also convinced that this is the reason why "factory-resets" sometimes dont work. this reset does not clear external sd-partitions ! especially not if the move2sd app has the option to move the apps dalvik-cache and there are rests of the dalvik Cache left (this is so far the case by an DEX file)

Shanible

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally some one that knows the real solution

However my experience was a little bit different, doing it from the ADB shell, it gives me an error about no access to /data/data

but I was able to open it just fine with ES Explorer in Root mode, and delete the broken package that was in /data/data/"bad package name"
For those still having issues, try the one above by AllGamer or the one above it posted by me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11