Jelly Bean on SGS3 without software keys ?

alans056

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I would like to buy a Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) but I don't like Touchwizz.
Is it possible to install Android ICS 4.1 (jeally beans) but without the software keys at the bottom ?

If so, are there tutorials out there ? Thank you very much.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I think there no any Jelly Bean on S3 right now. In future? Most likely, Jelly Bean source will be out together with official release, then lurk xda forums for latest news on that.
As for soft keys don't worry, they apper only if system dont see hardware buttons.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Like Shadow said if the phone has real buttons the software ones wont show. And yes there is a jelly bean port for the S3.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I also have been contemplating getting a GS3 but after playing with it side by side against the Skyrocket, I honestly am not that blown away by it other than the HD screen. Since I can get a Skyrocket for FAR less money and there's also been a ton of development, I was wondering if anyone knows whether the availability of a 4.1 ROM for the Skyrocket will be coming soon, especially if it works completely and without fault on the SR. Thanks.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was the same way with the s3 and SR I settled on the SR and honestly I couldn't be happier. But I've heard rumors that developers have been trying to create a jelly bean ROM but I don't think it will work too well until we have a couple official releases on phones so they can get source code info. I really hope we get a stable JB rom because I don't think we will end up with an official update by Samsung. Gotta remember were still not on ICS after 8 months of promise, and even the original s2 got it over a week ago. Its disheartening :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Will.. sounds like you got your SR recently then? So challenging to make the right decision, though some of the more techy SR forum members seem to have the same opinion as you and I were the GS3 is concerned. Since Sammy released the GS3 will all 5 carriers, it's obvious it will also have a ton of development. I guess the only question is which device will get the best working ROM of JB first.. Anyone's guess though we all know it's never good to install the first releases. If the SR price on Amazon drops down to where I think it will, I think I'm just going in that direction. Otherwise, I'll still contemplate the GS3 unless something more amazing surfaces soon!

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did I got it about a month ago and did consider the s3. I just didn't like the design and the new touchwiz is a little to unappealing to me. The skyrocket is a really good phone and even without ics this phone is still incredibly fast. Hope we get it soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey