If the One X was a Nexus.....

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I could not imagine a better scenario than if my One X was a Nexus. The best hardware available with priority support and updates (read Jellybean and beyond) from google..... I would be in heaven! I could live with that phone for years!
I'm not a "rooter" or "flasher", I run stock, and would love the software priority of the Nexus but I couldn't give up my One X camera or build.
Come on HTC & Google, build me a One X Nexus!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I agree.. it's time for HTC to make another Nexus. The One X is a sexy beast and would be amazing if it had stock JB!

Reactions: tcm1969

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just realized that HTC has been using the "One" moniker since the Nexus One days. Maybe the next Nexus will be the Nexus One X?

Sent from my Nexus 7

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No, curved glass FTW. Read my lips, no more slabs. lol

In theory you can get what you want, just throw a stock JB ROM on it, who really needs to wait for Google in a hacker friendly community like this? *shrug*

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
In theory you can get what you want, just throw a stock JB ROM on it, who really needs to wait for Google in a hacker friendly community like this? *shrug*

Agreed, but not everyone wants to root and/or knows how to root. If only Google takes some measures to reduce Android fragmentation, like Intel did with ultrabooks, we'd not be having this convo lol;)

Author of NoobTech:
http://wp.me/2uu9r

Reactions: Photon4glover

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, but not everyone wants to root and/or knows how to root. If only Google takes some measures to reduce Android fragmentation, like Intel did with ultrabooks, we'd not be having this convo lol;)

Author of NoobTech:
NoobTech

"Ultrabook" is one of the loosest specs that has hardly narrowed down the offerings of current PC OEMs. It doesn't really mean much anymore. Not to mention that we'd just have the same issues as they're facing in the Windows PC marketplace, where they just deviate from the Ultrabook name and start making "Sleekbooks" with slow HDD's and AMD CPU's.

Google has to do a lot more than minimum hardware requirements to get the "fragmentation" in check.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
"Ultrabook" is one of the loosest specs that has hardly narrowed down the offerings of current PC OEMs. It doesn't really mean much anymore. Not to mention that we'd just have the same issues as they're facing in the Windows PC marketplace, where they just deviate from the Ultrabook name and start making "Sleekbooks" with slow HDD's and AMD CPU's.

Google has to do a lot more than minimum hardware requirements to get the "fragmentation" in check.

I meant having stricter rules, set by Google, for the manufacturers. Not only hardware but maybe timely updates to newer versions for phones that can handle it.

Author of NoobTech:

ArgonNJ#CB

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
18 months.... That's roughly two updates/name changes/version number changes....
Google should use it's monopoly over Android to enforce it....

Author of NoobTech:
NoobTech

Why? Google doesn't care. Most Android uses probably never update anyway. Google is still getting millions of Android activations and all that search data regardless. The OEMs are happy, the carriers are happy. Google has really no reason to change anything.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Why? Google doesn't care. Most Android uses probably never update anyway. Google is still getting millions of Android activations and all that search data regardless. The OEMs are happy, the carriers are happy. Google has really no reason to change anything.

Customer satisfaction maybe and to control Android fragmentation....

Author of NoobTech:

TechFitGJ

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I personally love the current Nexus form factor. But, as stated by @ragnarokx, the Nexus One X sounds cool! But I would like them to stick with Samsung.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I think it would be much better if the gs3 was a nexus.

2gb>1 no matter how you spin it

Plus the gs3 looks better

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Home button is disgusting. No apologies for being in the minority on that one.

But I do understand in a sea of options there has to be a differentiator.

-Sent from my Jelly Bean Nexus 7

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The One X has the components to be perfect, but it's not overall the best.

No removable battery. If the battery were larger in the One X, this wouldn't be a problem.

Capacitive buttons. Ugh...Why? Google implementing software keys was a godsend. Why would OEMs insist on something Google wants to get away from? Cuz their idiots.

Finally....

Lack of memory. At the minimum, the One X would need 32gb of on device storage for me to be satisfyed. 16 won't cut it.

So, overall, if these changes were made, then yes, the One X would simply perfect.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

Disgusting? I don't understand.

Was the one you saw dripping snot or something? :confused:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I don't like that button either

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

JobiWan144

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
The One X has the components to be perfect, but it's not overall the best.

No removable battery. If the battery were larger in the One X, this wouldn't be a problem.

Capacitive buttons. Ugh...Why? Google implementing software keys was a godsend. Why would OEMs insist on something Google wants to get away from? Cuz their idiots.

Finally....

Lack of memory. At the minimum, the One X would need 32gb of on device storage for me to be satisfyed. 16 won't cut it.

So, overall, if these changes were made, then yes, the One X would simply perfect.

Buttons: I, for one, don't mind the capacitive buttons on my EVO LTE. I just wish they were a little closer together to make one-handed use just a little bit easier.

Battery: True. That mind-blowing screen also blows through the battery if you're not careful. I think HTC did the right thing putting a bigger battery (2000 mAh vs. 1800 mAh) in the EVO, especially since CDMA can suck battery faster than GSM at times. I really like the trend of batteries becoming bigger. A friend told me that non-removable batteries are often more efficient than their removable counterparts, so I wouldn't care if it's non-removable, just as long as it's big enough.

Memory: The term memory can be ambiguous. Some people use it to mean RAM, and others, like you, use it to mean storage. One of the things that stopped me from wanting the GSM Galaxy Nexus was the lack of storage. If Google and HTC don't want to use microSD, they should at least make 32 GB variants available. 32 GB + microSD (see Galaxy S III) is kind of overkill for most people, but 16 GB + microSD (my EVO) or 32 GB onboard (VZW & Sprint Galaxy Nexus models) is the way to go. If they want to make a cheaper, lower storage option, more power to them, but let us have more storage if we want it.
Additionally, as The Hustleman pointed out, more RAM would be quite welcome, too (might fix the multitasking issues in Sense 4).

Also, I wouldn't mind if the screen was a "contour display." Not sure if that's possible with LCD, but it adds both design flair and ergonomic benefits to the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus.

Sorry for the book, but I would love to see HTC do an improved One X as a Nexus. Maybe they'll catch Google's eye with this rumored One X+.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay