Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Google Now commute times

Quote Originally Posted by Ticojpunk View Post
    Do you need to have GPS enabled all the time for this commute time feature to start working, or will it work off of Wifi and cell network? I usually keep my GPS radio turned off unless I need to use GPS for something.
    I'm wondering the same thing. Mine keeps wanting me to take the toll road which I never do. I have been driving my same route home but it has yet to change.

I've had Google Now running on my phone for a few weeks, and it still can't seem to get my schedule down. There were no traffic cards when I left for work this morning, but within a few minutes of arriving at work, it showed my route home again. It has been doing this every day since it figured out where I live and work, and I know from past experience that if I dismiss the card, it won't show up again when it is actually time to go home.

I really like the idea of these cards, but so far it hasn't done anything for me (I could have saved about an hour on my commute yesterday had Google Now warned me that there was an accident taking up all but one lane of freeway).

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Have you save your home and work addresses in Google Maps? Home and Work in Maps - Maps Help. Once I did that, Google Now has been extremely accurate. It has rerouted me several times.
    pontiac005 likes this.

I just got the jelly bean upgrade this weekend. I loaded my work and home addresses. Google now populateS the drive time,,but it populates A different route then I'd take...

How do I keep Google Now from giving me traffic time/directions to EVERY address I search for? Every google search I make and in my job I do a lot every day) results in new directions. Is there a way to increase the threshold of importance, so I must search for something several times before it pops into my commute card?

Quote Originally Posted by keonD View Post
    Google Now keeps giving me a really odd path to work. My path to work is direct on the highway since i live and work only 1 block off highway exits. However it has came up with a path of me driving on a different highway, way out of the way to show on my card as the way to get to work.

Somehow the return trip it knows that i should just go straight home on the highway as I normally do. It doesn't make any sense. It has kept this for days and doesn't seem to be changing. If you were to see the path youd see there is no logical reason to do this. It came up with a path that takes 2x longer than what it normally takes and includes driving miles in the wrong direction only to get back onto the same highway I take. Hopefully they fix this as its incredibly stupid. I can't think of a reason it would all of a sudden do this

Today, drove across city for lunch. after I walked out and came my automobile a card popped up with the route home and drive time. Seriously.

Scott L
    Has anybody dismissed one of those "Do you care about traffic information to New Place" cards accidentally? For some reason Now asked me about traffic to my home address even though I have it set in Maps and have been receiving the traffic card for months. Well, when that new card popped up right behind my Traffic to Home card I immediately told it "No" since the cards had already been working correctly and I didn't want a second card for the same place. Unfortunately that seems to have caused some kind of havoc with my Traffic to Home card, because now it won't display. I have still received some traffic notifications, so I know it's tracking my commute, but it won't actually display the card.

Does anybody know how to reset that "Do you care about traffic information to New Place" setting??
    Same thing happened to me. I had a card pop up asking me if I cared about travel time to a new place, and at the time I didn't, so I touched, "No", and it disappeared.

Well, NOW I CARE! I've been searching and searching to try to find that one little question and change it from "No" to "Yes". Can't find anything anywhere. I've even been purposefully searching for the location before I leave and also use the navigation to get there to show a pattern of it being a regular location I travel to. Hell, I even starred it in my Google Maps. It still won't recognize the location which happens to be a popular large chain store in town.

Now when one of those cards pop up asking me if I care about anything having to do with a map I'm terrified to touch "No" on the off chance that in the future I just may care, so I touch "Yes" every single time. Even if it's a place I really don't care about, and most likely never will care about, I still touch, "Yes". You never really know what you may care about in the future. Google Now being set up to only accept a single "Yes" or "No" answer only once in your life when it comes to travel times and maps is pretty ridiculous.

It makes me think of Google Now being some smart *** punk who refuses to be considerate and help you out when you know they damn well could. Then they proceed to show you how you didn't want that information anymore, with a smirk on their face. "See, several months ago you said right here that you didn't care about this. I'm just giving you what you wanted."

I had this issue for over a week. I was playing around with the app today and found this.

1. Open the "Google" app which defaults to the Google Now home page.
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the app, and then select the wand icon (Customize Google Now).
    3. Select "Everything else"
    4. Find "Continue to get updates about travel time?" and make sure it is set to "Yes".

As soon as I toggled this, the last set of directions I searched for populated in the cards.
    Thanked by:

Thank you for helping me fix this. I know I wasn't the original one asking the question but I was wondering why it wasn't showing me the drive time anymore. I think because I had set no interest in certain locations several times, like this motel I get stuck next to each morning while at the metering lights (really google?) that Google now disabled the drive time commute option. Anyways, thank you again. I loved this feature and thought it was just my Note 2 being dumb, but after I installed Cyanogenmod and it didn't restore I figured it was some option.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12