Mail Exchange issue under Jellybean - hotmail no longer working

Ichwardort

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues with Exchange with JB 4.1? I have my account all setup and it was perfectly working under ICS, but now with JB 4.1 it just sits there and says no connection possible....

any thoughts?

All was fine until i did an official over-the-air update to JB on my Nexus S. After the update i was getting "unable to connect to server" errors. I tried deleting the account and re-creating it. Is this a general Exchange issue on JB or hotmail specific? :confused:

There seems to be an issue here as this topic has been discussed on several msn forums as well as on the Galaxy Nexus Foruml.

Thanks for your support,
kr Andrew

flo.m

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mail Exchange issue under Jellybean - hotmail no longer worki

Hey Andrew,

I have the same problem with my exchange account. On ICS it was working proberly and now I get allways an connection error. It is no hotmail account!
But I have also an issue with rapid battery decrease from the synchronization services. If they are activated the battry operating time decreases toround about 3 hours!

Any idea?

Best regards,
Florian

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I don't have an answer for you, but exchange services with hotmail is killing my battery too, even when I'm not getting new mail and have it set to push. I don't get the connection error, just the battery drain problem - uses up 40% of my battery on JB, even with no mail use and no new mail coming in.

olofl

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

A relative had the same issue (updating a Nexus S to JB) against an Exchange server, both with connectivity and battery drain.

She managed to get the connectivity work by changing port number from 0 to 443 (not sure why it ever was 0), though that didn't fix the battery drain. After removing the account and recreating it, things are back to normal without battery drain.

Hope that works for other people.

Ichwardort

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

After deleting my hotmail Exchange account on my Nexus S - which by the way took quite some time to execute by the system - and reentering my details I'm at least able to pull in mails from hotmail again.

However compared to other mail providers which I'm using on my Nexus S, hotmail still feels quite laggy. It seems that currently Microsoft is porting hotmail to outlook.com, so maybe there are issues on their side too?!

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I've had to delete my 2 hotmail exchange accounts completely from my phone. Both accounts would delete all emails every hour or so and re-download them all (very slowly) - this is what was causing the battery drain. This would prevent my phone from ever sleeping and cause my phone to drain from a full charge in 4 hours and shut down with a dead battery even with the screen off the entire time.

Doing a search on the internet, a ton of people are having this and other problems with hotmail exchange. So now I have to use my web browser to check those accounts. This problem has been going on for quite some time from what I've found so I'm not very optimistic for a fix. I guess I will have to try adding them as pop accounts and forget about exchange. Not happy at all about that, but I need notification of emails so the browser isn't cutting it, and I need access to all my emails so I can't change the sync days to 1 or 3 like some people have so that it only has 1-3 day of emails to delete and re-download constantly.

AusTexTreo600

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Jelly Bean was installed a few days ago and after that I could not send any emails. MSN is my email. Also, since I purchased my S 3 two weeks ago it seems the battery goes down fast. By the way, I got the tip about Kies for backing up from a Samsung tech. Great tip.

Yesterday I removed my MSN account and reinstalled it at suggestion of Samsung chat tech support.....That chat is easy and fast by the way, but the tech expertise varies a lot from tech to tech.

Anyhow when I reinstalled MSN I was able to send 3 emails to myself in quick succession. They transmitted okay. Then a while later I wanted to send a normal email and it refused giving me the same error message about not having a 'certificate.'

I need help in finding out where and if I can get a 'certificate.'

johndoe7999

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss so much

u saved me from buying a new phone...........

God bless

- - - Updated - - -

thanks so much dude

it workssssssss

Found a solution here. Credit goes to Keith Hurst.
JellyBean 4.1.1 Sync | AVForums.com - UK Online

Solution:
Settings --> Data Usage --> Menu --> and check the Auto Sync Data
Try to create exchange account again and you'll see a prompt to activate a Device Administrator this time.