Sync iTunes playlists with Google Music

Southrncomfortjm

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I've finished uploading all my music to Google Music and now I want to get to making and editing playlists. A lot of my music came from iTunes where a lot of my playlists are.

Is there an easy way to get Google Music to recognize my iTunes playlists so that they show up in Google Music? I have lots of playlists, some are hundreds of songs long, and I really don't want to have to recreate them.

Also, is there a direct way to sync Google Music onto an iPhone without going through iTunes? My wife has an iPhone and it would be easier if the transfer can be done directly rather than in some roundabout way.

Thanks!

sayheysarah

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
iPhone wise, I know I had an app I downloaded that let me play my music form Google Music. But I don't believe there is a true Google app, they are all other apps that access your google music.

jmikeb92

May 10, 2012
Visit site
If you downloaded the music manager app onto your computer you can go into the settings and make it upload all playlists as well. Also I would turn on auto upload so that when you add songs they automatically sync with your Google music. I have all my playlists synced on my android devices but only use iTunes on my PC.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
If im correct theres only one way to upload music to Google and thats by downloading the Music Manager app if im correct?? i know all my playlist synced to Google Music.. you just have to set your music folder to the root of your iTunes folder.. thats what i did

chef91

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is a bit of a silly question, but how do you "set your music folder to the root of your iTunes folder"? I'm using a Mac, if that helps. Thanks!!

pilsbury

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Im new here so forgive my naivety, but couldn't you create a folder on your desktop and save your itunes library in it. Then drag/drop that folder onto your SD card? Seems like a lot less hassle.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Im new here so forgive my naivety, but couldn't you create a folder on your desktop and save your itunes library in it. Then drag/drop that folder onto your SD card? Seems like a lot less hassle.

You could do this, but the indexing of the songs and folders might be weird. I remember doing this once and songs would be renamed weird codes like "X3cp2FG" lol. Plus, it wouldn't sync your playlists or any new songs you download. In my opinion, the best way to sync everything is using Google Music if you want to use the cloud (everything, including playlists, is synced instantaneously from your computer as soon as you make a change) and DoubleTwist Air Sync if you want everything on your phone..

markpbc

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I've been trying to get my extensive playlists to sync and can't. I see nothing in the Music Manager settings about playlists.

I've uploaded 20,000 songs. My playlists are all there too, but they are empty. Sure I can just drag/drop the songs in, but I've spent years cultivating those playlists. If they don't transfer to Google Music then there's no point in me using it, especially when Double Twist does this. Double Twist can be buggy though, so I wanted to give Google Music a chance...

markpbc

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Something worked for me (sorta)- I deleted EVERYTHING from Google Music and started all over.
The new uploader is different from the old uploader and allows you to only upload/sync certain playlists...and this time it work.

JessePinkman

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Use an app called iSyncr or the free version iSyncr Lite. I think I'm going to pay the $3.99 for the full version because it cuts playlists/artists off after 30 tracks on the free version. This solution copied everything over to my SD card - including album artwork.