Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Default Re: Did they fix Move App to SD card or R they going to be like Apple

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    This was a poor decision by Google, and no 32GB & 64GB Android phones are NOT the norm, in fact 8GB and 16GB are and that is a huge issue. Why bother even making phones with SD cards slots or in Googles case none at all on their Nexus line if you can't move app data off the limited internal storage. Imagine you are a Droid Charge user with 1.2GB of internal storage how pissed would you be, oh wait they will never see ICS or JellyBean so who cares. Its the principle of the matter, stop screwing with the features that made this platform great to save a few dollars.
    Nail on Head!! Your post reminded me of Billy Gates' immortal words: 'No one will ever need more than 640K of RAM'. :-)
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

My Dos machine would like a word with you

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    My Dos machine would like a word with you

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Son of a Batch(file)! I knew I'd get caught.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    ...how did those people ever survive before 64GB of flash storage?
    I think the issue is that as capabilities increased so as the need to store the results of those capabilities. The cloud sounds great in theory but there are very practical shortcomings of relying solely on the cloud. Many still don't need that level of storage. But with the same technology that brings you the cloud it brings easy/cheap storage. Is there a reason carriers/Google won't provide that option? As others have said ........ probably.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Just got my note 2 and with NOVA 3 (2.59gb) The Dark Knight Returns (2.29gb) Asphalt 7 (1.65gb) plus a few other apps im pretty much now done with space. I havent even put 5% of the games I like to play on it.

How could we take such a huge step forward in specs but take this giant step back when it comes to space.

Moving apps option would be nice, but it seems to me that the option is most beneficial for games. Apps aren't that big and movies and music get stored on the card. I just got the note2 and dont have any space issues.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Your not putting your movies with DRM on the SDCard. So add that to your your main storage suck

It is possible to move apps to SD card on Android 4 ICS. You just need to set SD card as default storage location. To do that, do to settings > storage > default storage location and switch it to SD card. From now on, you will see the "Move to SD card" button in app information and also any newly installed app will be stored on SD card if possible.
    Last edited by Bato7; 12-28-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Bato7 View Post
    It is possible to move apps to SD card on Android 4 ICS. You just need to set SD card as default storage location. To do that, do to settings > storage > default storage location and switch it to SD card. From now on, you will see the "Move to SD card" button in app information and also any newly installed app will be stored on SD card if possible.
    Yeah but we are talking jellybean here

Sent from my fake Nexus 10 tablet

What type of device are you using? I have 2 tablets running ice cream sandwich and neither have the default storage location option.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Sent from my fake Nexus 10 tablet
    What's a fake N10?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

A cheap ten inch tablet that runs stock. I am not sur e that I need a tablet so I went with a cheap one to see what I would use it for and if I need it or just want it.

If I am still using it in six months or so I will pick up a real nexus tablet.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

A cheap ten inch tablet that runs stock. I am not sur e that I need a tablet so I went with a cheap one to see what I would use it for and if I need it or just want it.

If I am still using it in six months or so I will pick up a real nexus tablet.

I never thought I'd need a tablet after years of PCs, and smartphones and LTs. Then I hacked my Touchpad putting ICS on it. Used it all the time till it, for no reason, it stopped working. I really miss it, but refuse to pay the price for the N10. I may try another TP. Tablets are great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I had a tablet 10 years ago for work and didn't use it for anything. I am finding that is mostly because there wasn't anything really to do with it. Apps were very limited.

So far I am digging this one. It isnt a great tablet but after tweaking the hell out of it, it runs decent enough and does what I need it to do.

I have to get a cheap stylus and see what I can do with it...

Sent from my PMID1000B using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Lesli Brooks View Post
    What type of device are you using? I have 2 tablets running ice cream sandwich and neither have the default storage location option.
    Ditto. I'm out of space on my Acer Iconia A500 and my son's Ematic Funtab, both running ICS, and neither one seems to have this mysterious "default storage location" option. Yet we have these big SD cards I bought. Whatever bonehead decided apps didn't need to reside on SD cards doesn't realize that apps are just getting bigger and bigger all the time, and you can't store an app in the cloud. I don't mind paying Amazon to store my music for me, but I need more space for apps!

I was going to buy a Nexus 4 (assuming they ever make enough), but now I'm having second thoughts because it doesn't have an SD card slot at all.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

The design experts are to blame for that disaster, and the n4. Both are mistakes only one you can really avoid.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

I had a tablet 10 years ago for work and didn't use it for anything. I am finding that is mostly because there wasn't anything really to do with it. Apps were very limited.

So far I am digging this one. It isnt a great tablet but after tweaking the hell out of it, it runs decent enough and does what I need it to do.

I have to get a cheap stylus and see what I can do with it...

Sent from my PMID1000B using Tapatalk HD
    Believe it or not the TP woke up. This makes me believe there is a bug in the CM9 code for TPs. After sitting unplugged for days I put it on the TouchStone and voilą the charging icon came on. Took a couple of hours to fully charge but nothing was lost. During the charge it went out and updated all of the Android apps and the goo-manager promptly announced there was a new build for CM9 for the TP. The TP is running great. For non-business apps/use this is a great way to compute.

Dennis

My device has ICS so of course no way to move apps to SD. The phone (T-Mobile LG Optimus L9) only has 4GB of internal memory. Only 2GB dedicated to app storage!

I cant even make a single playlist I have on Google available for listening to offline. A phone with this small of a memory and no option to move apps to the SD card is dumb. If they are going to get rid of having apps stored on the SD as an option then they need to not make phones with such low memory.

I am returning this phone to the store and replacing it with at least a 16GB but preferably 32GB Samsung model.

Quote Originally Posted by swishy250 View Post
    Well, when you think about it, its not really needed if you have a high end device with an internal storage space of 8gb or 16. Also, there's probably some mod or hack for ics and jb to support app2sd. I would look on here or xda devs.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by swishy250 View Post
    Well, when you think about it, its not really needed if you have a high end device with an internal storage space of 8gb or 16. Also, there's probably some mod or hack for ics and jb to support app2sd. I would look on here or xda devs.

I was wondering where the "move to sd" button went. My phone has less than 2 GB of internal storage (much of it taken up by the Android system) and putting in any apps is going to fill it up too fast. (And I like tweaking settings and things, so it would be difficult to re-download every time I use it). Yes, I can use the SD card for photos and things, but I don't really store that on my phone anyways. Apps all the way.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12