Angry with google (google search related)

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
With the introduction of google search for ios devices.....

Google's revamped voice search coming to iOS, tackles Siri on her home turf -- Engadget

is anyone a tad annoyed or angry all the things (at least for me) that make google great are going to iOS. i.e. Chrome, google search, google maps, youtube. Those are things I know are much better on Android.

Just makes me wonder....Does google care more about ios than their own product line?

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Still, at what point do they decide to give their os a comparative advantage? Why don't they just stop making android and focus on ios development?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree....i had Epic 4g touch and my gf's 4s got chrome before me. Now i have a galaxy nexus and the 4s will still get a feature before me....AGAIN!!

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Google making most money from there services, more users = more money, so they want ot be everywhere, Android is just a cherry on top of it. Apple could do exact same thing with iTunes or iCloud... but they know it would only worse there hardware sells that they care the most, so that probably why they not doing it.

And also one more thing.... Both Google and Apple don't take mobile OS war seriously as there fanboys do (in fact Samsung placing sheeps in there promotion videos not to show that Apple users are stupid, but because Android userbase love Apple hate and fire up to promote there products), they just doing there thing. Yes Apple is suing Google.... but in practice is only effected less then 5% of Android userbase, there really no need for Google to go war cry about it.... at least for now

brunnels

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree....i had Epic 4g touch and my gf's 4s got chrome before me. Now i have a galaxy nexus and the 4s will still get a feature before me....AGAIN!!

You cant blame google because your carrier hasnt updated your phone yet. Everyone is blaming google but you need to be blaming the phone manufacturers and carriers, its their fault that you get slow updates, not googles.

Entouchman

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Also from my understanding Android is about " allowing open source" and playing well together in the sandbox with all, so giving Apple a taste of its own medicine would be counter productive. Google should be stand up if that includes helping its So called competitor however Google is leading and Apple is still trying to catching up, problem is Apple has lost its innovation and will probably never catch up anyway. So bottom line is Android is about allowing all to pitch in and have a better experience without proprietary software....thats where Apple screwed up twice. once against Windows and it lost and now with phones and tablets...they just will not learn but we should learn from their mistakes.
Another post was right the carriers and manufacturers have a lot to do with updates and how they are pushed out and there you have the power to do something about that.