Thumbtacks (pushpins) in Google Play

MantisToboggan

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please explain the various states of the thumbtack on Google Play? From what I can tell, if the circle is grey then it's not downloaded to the device, if the circle is blue then it is downloaded to the device. But when the circle is blue, the thumbtack could be either white and vertical or grey and on a 45 degree angle. What is the difference?

Thanks!

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
This isn't explicitly explained anywhere to my knowledge, but to the best of my understanding (which is based purely on observation and conjecture) the angled, shaded pin indicates the content has been downloaded but is not actually "pinned." In other words, the app will autonomously discard the local copy when the storage space is needed elsewhere. The vertical, white pin indicates the user has explicitly saved the content, which will not then be deleted without the user's instruction.

Reactions: MantisToboggan

Carl Cerco

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to download the music from google play to my nexus and keep it there? I want to listen to the music in my car.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to download the music from google play to my nexus and keep it there? I want to listen to the music in my car.
open google play music on your nexus 7!! go to album section,then, menu[3 dots on top right]-->choose on device music-->select the albums you want to download and click done when the selection is completed. it will start downloading. be sure be on wifi.

You must get downloader from GP website, download songs on computer then sync to nexus.
seriously?? that method defeats the whole purpose of cloud music. see my response above.

Dave Robinson16

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Push pins on Google Books have three settings.White pushpin,Gray pushpin, and no pushpin. They are accessed via the three dots next to the book's name in my library. Tapping the book downloads it from the INTERNET to your tablet. Tapping the three dots brings up a menu.. ''Keep on device" creates a white push pins. That means it has been downloaded to your device. A gray pushpin means it is on the Internet. No pushpin means it is on the Internet as well. Good luck

Last edited:

treelioness

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I recently downloaded some music onto my android device, and it was automatically pinned so that i can't get to it on my computer. Does anyone know how to un-pin it and access it on my computer!

Please reply soon, thanks

Eithan Refaely

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I just bought my new galaxy 4s and want to know how can I download some music to my phone? If someone have an advice or website I can use I would like to know . Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Faith Akinmola

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I am having trouble uploading music from my android phone to google play so I can listen to it on my nexus 10. There is a blue thumb tack that says it is on the device but that is it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49