Cannot delete pictures from Galaxy Nexus with 4.1.1

jimbojack2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
How do remove pictures in gallery in jelly 4.1.1 cannot pinch to zoom out to enter "filmstrip mode. I have Picasa if that makes any difference? Have attempted to transfer pics to pc cannot do. Look for pics using file manager app cannot find pics. Any thoughts??

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The pictures are in the following folder: DCIM/Camera

Also, if you view an individual picture in the gallery app you should have a trash can at the top of the screen to delete from there.

jimbojack2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The pictures are shown in gallery. When I touch them I see three bars when I touch the bars there is no delete or remove. How do I get pics remove. Have attempted swipe it does nothing.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
What is stock ROM?

The one that came on the phone. Some people have been installing custom ROMs and they have their own issues. Stock, you should have a delete trash can icon at the top of the screen when viewing the full size photo. Also, your file manager app should find the files in the folder I mentioned earlier.

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
He's probably referring to the pictures synced with Google+ or Picasa. You'll need to sign into Picasa or Google+ on your computer. You can then download them to your computer or delete them from there.

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the only photos you can delete from your phone are he ones in the "camera" folder. All the other ones you need to log into your google+/Picasa account to delete

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Of course! I should have made note of the Picasa comment in the original post. I had the same issue when Google+ defaulted to automatically uploading pictures. :-[

dlfleish

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
You have the pics uploading to Picasa you can download the Picasa tool app from the market. Then you can delete the pics or album from there. Once you remove the from Picasa you will then be able to delete them from the phone. If you noticed the Picasa logo was under the album on your phone. Once removed from Picasa you'll notice the logo will change to a folder on the phone. You can the delete a pic or the folfer .

pearlquestions

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi -- I was having same problem and didn't want to connect to my computer to delete. I just found that when you're looking at the pics in an album (e.g., "camera") in your gallery, you can hit the menu key and get two choices, "select item" and "group by". If you select one or more pics, you can expand the options available (upper right corner) to include "delete". Confirm your intentions and you're done.

hkramb

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Geez, two hours of my life I'll never get back. Google "Picasaweb" and you'll get a link to picasa web albums, click on an album, click on 'actions' and you MIGHT get a delete album option. As soon as I deleted an album it disappeared off the phone. However, half of my albums couldn't be deleted, I had to click on each individual picture and then click 'actions' and delete it singularly. STILL can't figure out how to disable to the automatic uploads as my n4 wont let me uninstall google+.