Can't update to 4.1 Help

khakha7

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
My phone (galaxy nexus (sprint)) tells me I have an update. When i click download it downloads then restarts and starts installing a quarter of the way. Then it says no such file found installation aborted. Please help and yes my phone is rooted. Is that the reason why?

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It's probably the root. My phone is rooted, too, but the update went through without a hitch, and I still have root! While I'm not an expert, I think it has something to do with the method you used to root your phone initially. You should make sure you're back on your original ROM, then lock it back down and try running the update again.

- - - Updated - - -

It's probably the root. My phone is rooted, too, but the update went through without a hitch, and I still have root! While I'm not an expert, I think it has something to do with the method you used to root your phone initially. You should make sure you're back on your original ROM, then lock it back down and try running the update again.

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Did you install a custom ROM after rooting your phone? Hopefully, after rooting your phone you made a backup of the original ROM before installing the custom ROM...? If so, just flash back to that original backup, then run the update.

If you never installed a custom, but just unlocked your phone, you can try re-locking it via the various methods available online.

If you did install a custom ROM, but didn't back up the original ROM, you need to do a search for the Sprint stock ROM, flash it, then run the update. This will wipe your phone, but such is life.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
One giant question are you on sprints ty network or are you on wifi? Try it on a 3meg+wifi and you should be able to get it

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz