CM10 / Epic 4G D700 / MS Exchange Connectivity not working

SomeoneOnLine

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Epic 4G D700 that is rooted. I have been running CM9.1 for a while and it works great for the most part. However I have been wanting to run CM10 (JB4.1.1) on it. I have been trying the last month or so worth of nightlies however the only main thing I seem to be having problems with is exchange connectivity to my works exchange 2003 server. The native mail client in jb just will not connect to my works exchange 2003 server. I know its not the server as it works fine with cm9. I have searched and read a lot about various different things that others say worked for them but have not for me. I understand that CM10 is still beta if not alpha and running nightlies comes with its faults but damn its frustrating. To top it off if I setup my google account via exchange/active sync it works so that alone baffles me. Im at a lost.

Anyone have any good ideas of what I can try?

Thanks,

SomeoneOnLine

Yaoz

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I had the exact same issue.
The only action which solved this issue involved the following:

- Reinstalling the CM10 Nighty ROM by performing the following steps:

Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)
Format /System (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)
Flash ROM
Flash JB GAPPS
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Reboot

After that, you need to do the following:

Unzip the new ROM to a PC folder.
Copy all *.apk files (from /system/app directory) into your device' external SD card.
Copy (using a Rooted file explorer like ES File Explorer) all the mentioned files from your external SD card into /system/app directory.

Reboot your phone.
Your email client will work :)

Cheers,

Yaoz

SomeoneOnLine

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I will try that. How will this effect doing the ota updates of cm10? When you say unzip the new rom to a PC do I unzip the APK from the same nightly I just flashed?

~SOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair