Google Ears (sound search) missing on 4.1.1?

mayastig

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Just updated my gnex to jelly bean, and was playing around with it but noticed the new sound search does not exist on my phone? tried to install the apk manually then it said something like the existing package by the same name exists....

so did sound search get released with JB or not?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont know if you know this or not but sound search is a widget and not an app.

to verify if you have sound search go to Settings-->apps>All Apps[to extreme right]-->Sound Search

or click the 6 square on dock and go to widget and look for sound search.

btw, i have sound search on my Nexus.

if you have accidently disabled it it will be on the bottom of all apps.

mayastig

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
your correct... its a widget not an app, my mistake.

I just checked all my widgets and all my apps under settings, I dont see any sound search that exists. I thought it was part of 4.1.1 OTA, is it possible its hidden? btw, fwiw im on yakju.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
your correct... its a widget not an app, my mistake.

I just checked all my widgets and all my apps under settings, I dont see any sound search that exists. I thought it was part of 4.1.1 OTA, is it possible its hidden? btw, fwiw im on yakju.

It might not be available in yakju!! but only in takju... I dont have that version so that might be the reason.

mayastig

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Found the problem. It seems Google froze the applications due to my region. Unlocked boot loader and rooted the phone and unfroze the now I have all the Google apps!

Elancore

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Found the problem. It seems Google froze the applications due to my region. Unlocked boot loader and rooted the phone and unfroze the now I have all the Google apps!

Hi mayastig..
I have same problem at first it was there then it disappeared, can you please explain a bit how you fixed that? how do you unblock the apps? or change region.

Thanks

mayastig

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If your rooted just install an app called package enabler on the play store. It will unfreeze the apps that are locked by region.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis