Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

Go to Settings-App Manager-All-Dropbox. Click to Uninstall updates. After that, go to Settings-Cloud end resync with Dropbox. Account appear. Your dropbox photo is now in Gallery. Now you can go to Google Play to updade Dropbox.

Hey not to worry!!! go to settings ->under personal select cloud->on sync settings it will display an option for contents sync(with dropbox)-> select that-> and it will automatically take you into dropbox asking for you to allow -> click on allow
    now dropbox a/c is synced and you can see your Drop Box pics in Gallery too..
    Actually i was googling for the same issue and found your forum.. then tried something and it worked out..
    hope this would help you too

I just want to know if sync is off where is the option to have all my documents i edit for school. I use Nexus 4 Android 4.2. When I try the last two posts in don't have a cloud sync option. Mine is just automatic no SD card.

I had the same problem with my HTC One X,
    What i did is, went to my dropbox account on the internet, unlinked my phone
    In the phone open the app and register again
    If that doesnt work, try to remove dropbox from youre accounts & syncs in the phone's menu
    then try again to add dropbox to your phone's account

Sorry for my english, I'm from the Netherlands

You can just change the optiion of viewing.
    In Gallery, change your view mode to SPIRAL.
    All my pics suddenly ran out. But its hard to find thru.

you seemed to have solved the problem by yourself I was facing a similar issue on iPhone I had to reinstall the app to make the sync work.
    Works at TechAhead and loves Android Phones

Hi

I was facing same problem on S4 and ended up searching online for a solution. I had uploaded images to Dropbox from laptop and I could see them afterwards in Dropbox app on my S4. However, the Dropbox folder in Gallery would not resync to show the new images. After reading this forum, I ended up checking the settings again.
    For S4, going into Settings> Account> Dropbox (in My accounts), you see the Sync is disabled and there is no option to enable it.
    But then I went to Settings> Account>Cloud (in Backup options)>Contents Sync(with Dropbox)> Pictures and unchecked 'Wi-Fi only' option! The new images jumped in gallery breifly afterwards in Dropbox folder.
    I am assuming, Dropbox by default allows sync only when on Wi-Fi and if you can somehow disable that then all should be fine, hopefully!

Hello, DJ Moonboots

Strugling with the same questions on Samsung galaxy S3 /stock/ and do not find other workaround although it has been 8 months after your post yours.
    Could you please share details about the sync of folders you do - which are the folders that need to be synced in order to have DROPBOX folder/s in GALLERY folder?

Hi Zabster,
    On mine I can not figure out what is Cloud (in Backup options). Could you pelase provide a screenshot?

Thanks a lot!

Why are only some of my gallery folders show in my Dropbox?

Actually when I go into the website to dropbox account it shows all folders, but app does not????

And when I move a photo to another folder, it doesnt show moved in app?

Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Moonboots View Post
    via:

I found: FolderSync. In a nutshell, it's a two-way folder synchronization between a local Android device's folder and a Dropbox folder, including subfolders. Sync can be run automatically or manually. The app offers various security and connection settings.

I use QuickPic as the stock Gallery replacement which offers some powerful enhancements..
    I've been looking for about two weeks now to get the Gallery fixed in my Note 2 as Camera Uploads just would NOT display and it did pre-4.3 upgrade. So far this workaround seems to be doing the trick. I'm still syncing right now about 700 pics so it's gonna take awhile but last peek there were 159 pics synced! THANK YOU! You've helped me to get one more step closer to keeping my Note 2 a little longer and saved me money I didn't have to spend on a new phone! (There's other issues after upgrade not just this.)

Deb
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12