Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    bruno.braga's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Exclamation Dropbox does not have a sync option

    All other accounts have this option for sync, but Dropbox does not. I believe the idea was supposed to be that your camera uploads are sync'ed in "Camera Uploads" folder in Dropbox, and then visible in your Gallery app... but it only displays empty, even if there are plenty of photos there.

    I wanted to use it as a way to share photos from different devices, available in Gallery (of course the files are available in Dropbox, but it is by far worse user experience than Gallery).

    Any ideas how to enable Gallery to see Dropbox folder?

    A brief of snapshots to show the problem.

    Dropbox does not have a sync option-screenshot_2012-10-11-16-00-08.pngDropbox does not have a sync option-screenshot_2012-10-11-16-01-17.pngDropbox does not have a sync option-screenshot_2012-10-11-16-06-05.png

    (android settings showing the Dropbox account where there are no sync options available, and thus sync is disabled, and then the Gallery app saying that there are no files in my dropbox).
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    If sync options does not have it then it's most likely inside the app... and it is in Account Setting
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    bruno.braga's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    If sync options does not have it then it's most likely inside the app... and it is in Account Setting
    The app (Dropbox) is working fine, and the sync is turned on (the only option in the app settings is called "CAMERA UPLOAD"). The photos I take from the camera automatically go to Dropbox, so this is fine too... however, my Gallery is never able to show what Dropbox has, and I think that was supposed to work.

    Do you have it working?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Are you expecting it to create a separate folder of the pictures within the gallery app like the "instant upload" folder that Google+ creates by default? I don't think it is supposed to work that way.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    bruno.braga's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    Are you expecting it to create a separate folder of the pictures within the gallery app like the "instant upload" folder that Google+ creates by default? I don't think it is supposed to work that way.
    Yes. If that is not tru, then why do we have a "Dropbox Folder" in Gallery?
    Dropbox does not have a sync option-2012-10-16-16.18.58.png
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    We don't have a DropBox folder in the gallery app. We have one on the phone. DropBox can be used to share many types of files, not just photos. To have a separate folder in the gallery app the DropBox people would have to create one within the app and code it so that only photos go into it. And frankly, I did not like the default auto upload feature in Google+ and turned it off when I started seeing all of my photos uploading and using my data limit. I don't want to share all of them with Google+ either. You can always going inot the DropBox app and upload multiple photos of your choosing at one time.

    Edit: Since DropBox already allows you to upload photos only and in multiples it is probably not a huge deal to have it function like Google+. I'm just not sure most people would want it to work that way.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    bruno.braga's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    We don't have a DropBox folder in the gallery app. We have one on the phone. DropBox can be used to share many types of files, not just photos. To have a separate folder in the gallery app the DropBox people would have to create one within the app and code it so that only photos go into it. And frankly, I did not like the default auto upload feature in Google+ and turned it off when I started seeing all of my photos uploading and using my data limit. I don't want to share all of them with Google+ either. You can always going inot the DropBox app and upload multiple photos of your choosing at one time.

    Edit: Since DropBox already allows you to upload photos only and in multiples it is probably not a huge deal to have it function like Google+. I'm just not sure most people would want it to work that way.
    Yes we DO have a Dropbox folder in Gallery. That is the screenshot I posted before (haven't you seen this?). All applications that save photos locally place folders in Gallery, and so does Dropbox, or it should.... because Gallery even gives the option to search your DropBox photos... this is because of the integration between Dropbox and Gallery (or Android in general).
    I just installed WhatsApp, and it works the same way... any photos sent to me are also available in Gallery, at a "WhatsApp" folder...

    The reason of this post is (no changes since the top post): why doesn't it work with Dropbox?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    I don't currently have a DropBox folder in my gallery app. In any event, did you try going to the DropBox settings and enabling "Turn on Camera Upload"?
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    bruno.braga's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    I don't currently have a DropBox folder in my gallery app. In any event, did you try going to the DropBox settings and enabling "Turn on Camera Upload"?
    Yep, didnt work. I found the place where Dropbox holds the integration (looks like a Samsung Cloud thing):

    Dropbox does not have a sync option-2012-10-17-23.56.44.png Dropbox does not have a sync option-2012-10-17-23.56.57.png

    from which you can see that it is turned on.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    At the top pf the DropBox screen you should see some icons. The 2nd one which looks like a picture shows on the screen "Turn on Camera Upload" and " Use DropBox to upload your photos automatically" and then has a button to "turn on". I can't see any other way of doing this. Did you contact DropBox? Did you try settings/apps/all apps/gallery and clear cache? Are you uploaded photos showing in your DropBox account on the web?
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    bruno.braga's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    At the top pf the DropBox screen you should see some icons. The 2nd one which looks like a picture shows on the screen "Turn on Camera Upload" and " Use DropBox to upload your photos automatically" and then has a button to "turn on". I can't see any other way of doing this.
    I've done this since the first time.

    Did you contact DropBox?
    Nope, that could be a good one.

    Did you try settings/apps/all apps/gallery and clear cache?
    Done now, no changes :-(

    Are you uploaded photos showing in your DropBox account on the web?
    Yep... all dropbox devices sync'ed, and for every photo taken, automatically uploaded.
  12. #12  
    MrHost's Avatar

    Posts
    395 Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    If i am understanding you correctly, you the upload option is working fine but it won't sync (i think you mean download automatically). is this correct?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    bruno.braga's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Quote Originally Posted by MrHost View Post
    If i am understanding you correctly, you the upload option is working fine but it won't sync (i think you mean download automatically). is this correct?
    Well, the Gallery does not necessarily store the files locally, only in a cache. My objective is to see the Dropbox "Camera Uploads" inside Gallery, that's all.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    You can report a problem directly from within the app settings. Maybe that will get a quicker response.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
  15. #15  
    MrHost's Avatar

    Posts
    395 Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Quote Originally Posted by bruno.braga View Post
    Well, the Gallery does not necessarily store the files locally, only in a cache. My objective is to see the Dropbox "Camera Uploads" inside Gallery, that's all.
    Are your pics being deleted somehow when they are being uploaded to dropbox?

    The pics stay in the camera folder by default. They don't exist in an actual folder called "camera uploads". The only app I know if that does what you want is picasa. It stores then remotely and you can browse them via your gallery.

    Hope that is helpful.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    bruno.braga's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Quote Originally Posted by MrHost View Post
    Are your pics being deleted somehow when they are being uploaded to dropbox?
    Nope, all is fine in Dropbox.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrHost View Post
    The pics stay in the camera folder by default. They don't exist in an actual folder called "camera uploads". The only app I know if that does what you want is picasa. It stores then remotely and you can browse them via your gallery.
    Facebook also works.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    bruno.braga's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    You can report a problem directly from within the app settings. Maybe that will get a quicker response.
    I guess that really works.. I reported the problem and in less than an hour they replied back to me. It looks like this feature is really not available as of this moment.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Facebook also works.
    You have a Facebook album in your gallery app as well? I do not have that either and I upload often to Facebook.I have the following albums in my gallery app:

    Camera - the main album
    Download - where pictures that came as attachments ended up if I saved them
    Instant Upload - created by Google+
    Scrapbook Photos - created by Google+
    Profile Photos - created by Google+
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    bruno.braga's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    You have a Facebook album in your gallery app as well? I do not have that either and I upload often to Facebook.I have the following albums in my gallery app:

    Camera - the main album
    Download - where pictures that came as attachments ended up if I saved them
    Instant Upload - created by Google+
    Scrapbook Photos - created by Google+
    Profile Photos - created by Google+
    Check the image I uploaded here in this thread. In one of them, you can see the "View By" options, which allow to filter by: contents in Dropbox, contents in Picasa, contents in Phone, contents in Facebook... And that is the reason why I actually started this thread, because, if Dropbox integration was not meant to work at all, this option should not be there in the first place.
  20. #20  

    Talking Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Hi,
    I talked to one of HTC costomer support.
    They told me to add whatever I want to see in my Dropbox gallary in to the PHOTOES folder in Dropbox A/c.
    And it worked. Still no clue on why the sync icon is still gray.
    Hope that helps.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    hi!

    I have the same probleme with my note 10.1 on Jelly Bean. The sync icon for dropbox is grey and i can't have photos from dropbox in the galerie while it works for Picasa and facebook.

    I don't anderstand what dou you want to say with the folder "Photos A/c". What does "A/c" mean? Dos it works too if the photos are in a subfolder?

    Thanks for your answer!
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Anyone know the solution to this problem?
    Samsung galaxy s3
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    Hi i have a galaxy note 2 and at first i had the dropbox icon in my gallery in the name Camera upload so one day i moved all the photos to my comp and delete the folder in gallery so now i can put back my folder in gallery because is much easier to to manipulate with photos so anyone have a galaxy note 2 could help us with this thing ?

    Update:
    I did go to settings, apps remove all the dropbox account and clear the catch and go to gallery clear catch and then loged in again in dropbox and go back to setting cloud and allow samsung to sync with dropbox and bam folder apeared again in gallery if this work tell me.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    via:

    Seeing Dropbox Image Files in Gallery as Photos: FolderSync

    Wanted to share a technique that achieves what I was long looking for. It made my day yesterday.

    I am a happy Dropbox user, accessing my documents and settings files across all devices and locations. I also developed a need to have one central (cloud) location for a series of photographs to provide an easy access to them. Until now, they were scattered as copies on multiple devices, requiring periodical cleanup and syncing. Dropbox would be a natural tool, helping me with other types of files, but I discovered a handicapping limitation of the mobile version of the app - it does not display the photos as thumbnails. It just lists them by name, so you can imagine the challenges finding a photo.

    I started researching the forums and workarounds offered were kind of clumsy - Dropbox does create a cache of the images so one could use a file manager to find and browse the thumbnails in the cache folder, provided it is fully generated and up-to-date. Dissatisfied, I kept searching the Market and here is what I found: FolderSync. In a nutshell, it's a two-way folder synchronization between a local Android device's folder and a Dropbox folder, including subfolders. Sync can be run automatically or manually. The app offers various security and connection settings.

    I use QuickPic as the stock Gallery replacement which offers some powerful enhancements. So now, once I add new photos to my portfolio folder in Dropbox, I will see them on all my devices, downloaded in their original resolution! To me, this is a highly valued professional necessity but I am sure some casual photo enthusiasts and Dropbox aficionados may appreciate the ease and seamless of this setup.
    Thanked by:
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Dropbox does not have a sync option

    You beat me to it. That's exactly what I use and was going to suggest. Easy to set up, can schedule sync times or instant as soon as the folder changes.

    It stores it locally on the phone or sd card though. But you can pick which folder and where and it'll show up in the gallery as well

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SGSII Skyrocket does not have Gorilla Glass?
    By Trevalkin in forum Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 11:32 AM
  2. Rooted Thunderbolt does not have Root Permissions?
    By johndabeast in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2011, 07:28 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 06:31 PM
  4. verizon does not have half of the needed apps
    By Fenix4o9 in forum Other Sony Android Phones
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 02:03 PM
  5. If the bionic does not have an encrypted bootloader..
    By bobbiac in forum Atrix Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 07:11 PM

Posting Permissions

B