New in Android 4.2 - Dual Notification Shades?

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
4.2 is still jelly Bean. at least according to the server hits.

How they call it does not matter if it has new API level and manufactures will continue to push outdated 4.1 with old API level..... they already do that by still pushing ICS :p ofcorse at the end it's how important those API changes are, Im happy that at least ICS number increase since it got significant changes which makes Android a lot better... but developers need carriage to implement it to apps

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got a notification to update system to 4.1.2...is it 4.2 that everyone talks about? Or I'm left out? :)

4.1.2 is out for some phones and its just minor fixes.

4.2 is what everyone is talking about and assuming google will announce it (next week?)

quamdar

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That's a cool idea but all I'm really hoping for with the next update is batter life improvements that do to battery life what Project Butter did to speed.

Carlos Thomas

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
4.2? isn't this little too early? JB is just on 2% and manufacture will push already outdated system for months :p

This is not Google's fault. It is the hardware manufacturers fault. Google is investing into their products and pushing the envelop. I think hardware vendors should focus on hardware only and stop developing these "skins" that hold back the operation system. That is why I love my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. To put it in perspective, when I see someone with a Galaxy S3, I actually look down on them. I say to myself, "They don't know any better." I look forward to going from 4.1.2 to 4.2 on my Nexus device.

phone-galaxy-features-googlenow.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech