Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 and Yahoo Messenger Video Chat

Am I the only one not happy that Nexus 7 doesn't work with Yahoo video chat?
    Wtf?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-05-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Default Re: Nexus7 and Yahoo Messenger Video Chat

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_2 View Post
    Am I the only one not happy that Nexus 7 doesn't work with Yahoo video chat?
    Wtf?
    did you install this app after installing yahoo messenger https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.imvideo

if not then thats why you are the only one frustrated.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    did you install this app after installing yahoo messenger https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.imvideo

if not then thats why you are the only one frustrated.
    If thats the plug in for yahoo video chat it's not compatible with Nexus 7. (btdt)
    I tried a search for the file you mentioned and didn't find anything. Also I'm a newbee to Android so if I sound stupid that's because I am.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_2 View Post
    If thats the plug in for yahoo video chat it's not compatible with Nexus 7. (btdt)
    I tried a search for the file you mentioned and didn't find anything. Also I'm a newbee to Android so if I sound stupid that's because I am.
    Jim
    Ok if the app is not compatible then Yahoo has to update the app to make it compatible. You will have to wait for yahoo to update it.

try sending an email asking when it will be compatible. at least they would know about the issue.

and btw, no one is stupid in Android space. its all learning experience.
    Last edited by still1; 10-26-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Ok if the app is not compatible then Yahoo has to update the app to make it compatible. You will have to wait for yahoo to update it.

try sending an email asking when it will be compatible. at least they would know about the issue.
    I did that, and Yahoo! says there are no plans to update the plug-in for the new 2nd generation Nexus 7 devices "for the foreseeable future." I think this is a fairly serious problem, given how popular the Nexus 7 is likely to be. And since Skype works just fine WITHOUT the plug-in...well, one less reason to fiddle with Messenger.