Google Now (love it) has wrong location when I search for restaurants, weather, etc.
I live in West Michigan and my results show Bloomfield Hills, about 200 miles away.
I am currently at home, have Sprint, Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean, use an Airave to boost my cell signal within my home, and I'm connected to wifi.
When I pull up Google Maps, my location is found using GPS and is correct.
How can I correct this? I haven't tested it when I'm out and about, but it's annoying when I'm home and I ask about the weather, or restaurants, or traffic and it gives my a city 200 miles away. Is it detecting my IP address instead of my GPS location? Any way to change this?
Last edited by SlothSprint; 10-29-2012 at 03:33 PM.
- 10-29-2012, 01:09 PM #2
- 11-21-2012, 10:53 AM #3
- 11-21-2012, 06:19 PM #4
- 06-05-2013, 08:49 PM #5
- 1 Posts
Re: Google Now (love it) has wrong location when I search for restaurants, weather, etc.
hey sloth, that's really freaky. I live in van buren county, have Sprint, an s3, and an airave, and Google thinks I live in bloomfield hills! I was searching for a solution and thought I had already asked the question and somehow forgot. I'm still not entirely sure that I'm not slothsprint
Or maybe it's like the pina colada song and you're actually my significant other
So did you ever get it figured out?
- By jean15paul in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 6Last Post: 09-02-2012, 12:22 PM
- By mrwashy in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 4Last Post: 08-21-2012, 10:02 AM
- By ssbmx90 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-09-2010, 11:06 PM
- By firstname.lastname@example.org in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 05-18-2010, 10:14 AM
- By weihl165 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 15Last Post: 03-05-2010, 01:35 PM