Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Now (love it) has wrong location when I search for restaurants, weather, etc.

I live in West Michigan and my results show Bloomfield Hills, about 200 miles away.

I am currently at home, have Sprint, Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean, use an Airave to boost my cell signal within my home, and I'm connected to wifi.

When I pull up Google Maps, my location is found using GPS and is correct.

How can I correct this? I haven't tested it when I'm out and about, but it's annoying when I'm home and I ask about the weather, or restaurants, or traffic and it gives my a city 200 miles away. Is it detecting my IP address instead of my GPS location? Any way to change this?

Default Re: Google Now (love it) has wrong location when I search for restaurants, weather, etc.

I live in Mxico, and my weather report is from brownsville. Haven't figure it out yet. You?

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Re: Google Now (love it) has wrong location when I search for restaurants, weather, etc.

my GPS-Positions changes 2-4 times a week and puts me in Bamako Africa.. my real location is Luxembourg Europe

go here https://maps.google.com/

click my places

set your home and/or work location. it will automatically adjust.

hey sloth, that's really freaky. I live in van buren county, have Sprint, an s3, and an airave, and Google thinks I live in bloomfield hills! I was searching for a solution and thought I had already asked the question and somehow forgot. I'm still not entirely sure that I'm not slothsprint
    Or maybe it's like the pina colada song and you're actually my significant other
    So did you ever get it figured out?

Well, might as well keep this old old thread going... I'm actually getting the correct city on my LG P870 Escape, but on my Acer Chromebook I'm seeing this wrong city thing. I know, wrong forum, but believe me...I've tried all the conventional channels. I'm grasping at straws now.
    Anybody have any luck fixing this?