Android 4.2 Multi-User profiles - Should I upgrade for more memory?

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Right now I have an 8GB Nexus 7, which is working just fine for my needs. My wife has expressed an interest in e-books, but she does not have any tablet or e-reader. With the multi-user profiles in 4.2 we probably could get around this, but I'm thinking I should get a 16GB.

If we keep everything (books, movies, music, magazines) on Google Play, then I guess it wouldn't really matter.

Thoughts?

Thank you :)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
We dont know how the multi user works on 4.2.
From bits and pieces of info from videos it looks like it can share the apps between different users and have a separate app data with one account.
I assume separate gmail account is also possible. Nexus 7 will get multiuser support but we have to wait and see.

you could buy a new nexus 7 for your wife. it only 199. about space no one know for sure yet.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
We dont know how the multi user works on 4.2.
From bits and pieces of info from videos it looks like it can share the apps between different users and have a separate app data with one account.
I assume separate gmail account is also possible. Nexus 7 will get multiuser support but we have to wait and see.

you could buy a new nexus 7 for your wife. it only 199. about space no one know for sure yet.

Like any other multi-user support :p

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping this will be a separate data store for each user. It pisses me off that most game developers don't add support for User Profiles in their apps. This would be a way around it if that's what it does. How many people share a tablet and all the people want to play Angry Birds and track their own scores? Rovio doesn't have profiles in the game so there's no way to do that. If this would separate things out including app data, that would be HUGE. I'll root my tablet the day this is available if that's what it does...

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping this will be a separate data store for each user. It pisses me off that most game developers don't add support for User Profiles in their apps. This would be a way around it if that's what it does. How many people share a tablet and all the people want to play Angry Birds and track their own scores? Rovio doesn't have profiles in the game so there's no way to do that. If this would separate things out including app data, that would be HUGE. I'll root my tablet the day this is available if that's what it does...

I think they knew it was coming, if they do that they would have a problem now :p

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Be a great idea that would, but I wonder how much space it will need if you have 3 or 4 people all with there own data for apps...i struggle just myself haha.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback. :)

Unless Publisher's Clearinghouse visits my house, I'm planning on keeping the 8GB for now. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX