Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.2.1

Default 4.2 lock screen options - the most moronic thing ever

Sliding to camera when locked is moronic. How to disable this crap?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    MMuzzy's Jelly Bean 4.2.1

Default Re: 4.2 lock screen options - the most moronic thing ever

lol... You are the first person I've ever heard complain about this feature.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by slave2theaxe View Post
    lol... You are the first person I've ever heard complain about this feature.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    or simply trolling!!!

@OP just dont slide then. use as normal as you are used to. whats bothering you from doing that.

ROM
    Stock 4.2

I respectfully disagree. I've been waiting for the ability to have quick camera access AND a secure phone for a long time.

The widgets, I'm not 100% sold on but when they start going beyond the simple included ones I may be more interested. Weather and time widget on the lock screen for example is a great idea.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.2.1

Well, somehow I can't start liking it. The phone took a picture when in the pocket. How hard is it to unlock the screen and hit Camera?

I do construction. I often accidentaly hit the power button when I bend, carry sth, climb a ladder etc. At least I should have an option to disable it...

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    or simply trolling!!!

@OP just dont slide then. use as normal as you are used to. whats bothering you from doing that.
    You are trolling! It slides itself when touches my leg.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emoeskaite View Post
    You are trolling! It slides itself when touches my leg.

lol ^

What I want to know is how your phone is turning on in your pocket in the first place? Then somehow switching panels by grazing your leg?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.2.1

I just explained it. I had had the same problem before they introduced pattern screen unlocking. Sometimes I even dialed someone's phone number and left them a 1/2 hr long voicemail. Try doing roofing and you'll see I'm not making it up.

i still find it hard to believe that you automatically press the power button. and your legs find the right pattern for your lock screen.
    not to mention pattern has to touched and dragged in the right order. if you remove your finger that pattern unlock will fail.
    Also, if not used for a while the screen will go blank again, and your leg has to do the whole process again.

finally have to call someone. too many coincidence for this to happen, and this happen to you often.
    sure someone is not monitoring your phone.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.2.1

Gosh.... Do you have the new Android????? Pattern does not block the phone from taking pictures! You don't need to enter your patter to switch to the camera. One slide to the right and the camera turns on. And I push the power button many times during all day sqatting and working on my knees in tight jeans. However it only turns random stuff when I place the phone screen in my leg's direction in the pocket. Apparently the interior of the pocket doesn't block the touchscreen from touching it with my leg.

ROM
    Stock 4.2

While I've never hit the power button with the phone in my pocket I have put the phone in with the screen still on in the past and the contact with my leg has created some strange results. I understand that point of view and I do agree it should be optional. Shouldn't be hard to have the ability to turn it off. Maybe it'll be there in 4.2.1.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Rooted Stock 4.0.4

Perhaps, while waiting for the developers to fix this, you should try making a habit of putting your phone in your pocket facing outwards to keep the screen from your leg skin.

I'd recommend trying an App named "Lockscreen Policy" available from the Google Play Store.

Link--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eadminkeyguard

I'm also curious how to disable this feature. It's bad enough that my emergency dialer opens up in my pocket, but now I'm going to be taking pictures of lint and spare change.

I understand the desire to add new features, and I even understand how some people might like this particular one, but developers need to give the user control over any new features they add. I've played with this update and I can't find any options whatsoever to customize the new lock screen features.

Also, the font on the clock is making me twitchy.
    WHY ARE THE HOURS IN BOLD FACE?? OMG TURN IT OFF!!
    (not joking, it's driving me nuts)
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Quote Originally Posted by starleaf1 View Post
    Perhaps, while waiting for the developers to fix this, you should try making a habit of putting your phone in your pocket facing outwards to keep the screen from your leg skin.
    So he breaks the screen the first time he smashes up against something while working?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2
    SylarC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phaserbanks View Post
    i know right???? i want my bright blue back!!!

so i just updated to 4.2.2. i dont see any difference yet other than some annoying things. 1st thing is mentioned above. 2nd thing, what is up with the lock screen??? its so wonky and unprepared. it feels really half assed. i was really hoping to see a similar lockscreen feature to the razrs. i dunno wth this new thing is, its annoying, unresponsive and doesnt even feel like the phone is locked. it feels like its just another layer on top of my home screen. i def do feel a bit of a lag now.

Just because someone uses their phone differently than you, or has a different opinion on its features, doesn't mean that they're inherently incorrect or trolling. Let's keep that in mind here. Furthermore, let's keep any inappropriate language out of the discussion.

For the record, although I like the lockscreen widgets and quick-access camera as concepts, I do not at all like how easy it is to swipe to the camera, and more importantly, left to the widgets and "add widget" option. I frequently swipe a bit too far to the left or right unintentionally, and it isn't always a result of how I store my phone.

Don't like it, replace it with a Lockscreen Launcher. There are a lot of them out there in the Play Store.

Maybe change to a new launcher? I use Nova & love it.

Sent from my Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by starleaf1 View Post
    So the phone then the concaved screen then works against comforts and allows you to scratch the screen with the tool belt?

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by phaserbanks View Post
    It's grown on me, but while it bothered me, I downloaded an app called Fixed Clock (or something like that). It's the exactly the same clock as the default 4.2 one, except all in light font. Just swap it out with the default clock widget and problem solved!
    Darth Spock likes this.

Angry Re: 4.2 lock screen options - the most moronic thing ever

Same Issue with me and hell annoyed of it ,
    - My Locked screen turns on automatically whenever data services are on , or Signal booster is switched by the device
    - Camera turns on itself , It slides with touch of my leg
    - Battery starts to drain more quickly

is there any option of disabling this annoying feature ? - I am unable to find till yet + That screen wake up issue (automatically wakes up no matter pattern lock enabled or face recognition )

Device: Nexus 3
    Jelly Bean 4.2.2

I have to ask how are you doing this? I have a S4 and to have quick access I can't secure the phone with a pattern.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Put some duct tape over the camera. No more embarrassing unknown pics!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    705 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 6

Huh, this thread proves that newer isn't always better.

Yeah, Jelly Bean 4.2 may have more features than the previous iteration, but speed and performance seems to have been sacrificed. Plus, the lockscreen widgets in 4.2 seem like a half-hearted effort on what they're supposed to be like. (C'mon Google! Give me lockscreen widget options similar to Widget Locker!)

The only thing I don't get is the camera turning itself on. You probably either need larger pockets or you need to stop putting your hands in your pockets since the screen shouldn't turn on by itself considering that the proximity sensor will prevent it from doing otherwise.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

HTC One M8: Stock Sense 6 w/ OEM and carrier bloatware removed [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): AOSPA 4.6 Beta 6 (4.4.4) FINAL, ViPER4Android FX, updated Adreno 220 drivers [backup]
    HTC Nexus 9: Stock Android Lollipop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast