lock screen delay?

tpd15

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

New to Android, I just received my Nexus 4 today.

Is there a way to alter the time it takes for the lock screen to activate? It's kinda a pain to have to unlock the screen so often. Is there a way to not have it lock until a certain amount of time has passed since it was last used instead of just every time the screen goes out?

I found the app "Delayed Lock" in the play store, but it requires a rooted phone for Android 4.0+ and I do not really want to root the phone.

Thanks,
Toby.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
settings-->display sleep--> this will set the time it takes to go to sleep

settings-->security-->Automatic lock--> sets the time to lock screen after the phone goes to sleep

tpd15

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh, my mistake!

I had been using the slide unlock, and no lock.

I do have the settings-->security-->Automatic lock--> sets the time to lock screen after the phone goes to sleep option, but it's only available when I've set up a pattern unlock. I didn't test the other options (PIN, password, or face unlock) but it's probably available in those, too.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh, my mistake!

I had been using the slide unlock, and no lock.

I do have the settings-->security-->Automatic lock--> sets the time to lock screen after the phone goes to sleep option, but it's only available when I've set up a pattern unlock. I didn't test the other options (PIN, password, or face unlock) but it's probably available in those, too.

ha that make sense now. althoug i wish it was available for slide to unlock.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary