Unwanted Apps a Part of 4.1??

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Is it me or did a shopping app for a specific company appear as part of the 4.1 upgrade? A Google company? And, of course, it is not uninstallable. Yes, it did not automatically appear on the desktop. So? It adds to the waste of space and is pushed on users. Is this a direction Google is going?

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I am not on verizon. mind posting the name of the app? those apps might be added by verizon and not by google.

Must be Verizon. Just checked with someone else that has Verizon and a new Maxx HD. He also wondered where Zappos came from. And Alerts were on and it is not uninstallable.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Must be Verizon. Just checked with someone else that has Verizon and a new Maxx HD. He also wondered where Zappos came from. And Alerts were on and it is not uninstallable.
Zappos is definitely from verizon. google dont even own it.
this is one reason i go Nexus. no surprises. I choose what i want on my phone.

btw, you can disable apps in JB. so disable Zappos.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Zappos is definitely from verizon. google dont even own it.
this is one reason i go Nexus. no surprises. I choose what i want on my phone.

btw, you can disable apps in JB. so disable Zappos.

Thanks. Had someone else make that suggestion. Went in and disabled. Shouldn't have to put up with the space wasters.

Sent from my HPTP using Android Central Forums

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting that Verizon would put name brand shopping apps on a phone that your are paying for with your plan, especially since you probably had to pay for part of the phone up front as well. I would consider a call to consumer affairs.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Interesting that Verizon would put name brand shopping apps on a phone that your are paying for with your plan, especially since you probably had to pay for part of the phone up front as well. I would consider a call to consumer affairs.

Except that you agreed to it in the TOU when you bought the phone and contract in the first place.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Except that you agreed to it in the TOU when you bought the phone and contract in the first place.

That doesn't make it right and I would complain. Provisions like that in contracts that you must sign just to get a common service are generally not enforceable, much like those signs at the car wash that say they are not responsible for damages.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
RE TOU: I have an attorney friend who actually reads them through and through. She's often lined through lines, sections, paragraphs that are particularly problematic in her opinion. Have to ask her what she's done in instances like this. Can't imagine you have much choice in the matter.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is it me or did a shopping app for a specific company appear as part of the 4.1 upgrade? A Google company? And, of course, it is not uninstallable. Yes, it did not automatically appear on the desktop. So? It adds to the waste of space and is pushed on users. Is this a direction Google is going?

Not sure why the name of the "offending" app wasn't listed in this first post.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835