1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need Help hiding Jelly Bean "Update Software" pop-up

I just purchased a Mot Droid Razr Maxx HD and it cam with ICS. This was a replacement for the same phone purchased a few days earlier with hardware issues. Th first phone updated to Jelly Bean the second day I had it and I blame the update for some of the issues I had with the phone after the update. i do not want to updater to JB on this new phone but I get an update notice every 12 hours that I have to dismiss. I called Verizon and they have no way to stop this. I thought that one of you in the forum might know of a "back door" to stop these annoying updates, which I will continue to dismiss until I hear that a better update to solve 4.1.1 problems has been issued. Thanks i n advance.

Default Re: Need Help hiding Jelly Bean "Update Software" pop-up

Disable automatic updates? I don't know if it's in Verizon infested Motorola, but Samsung has it in Phone Information. You could also try to find application responcible (in all applications list, it might hide as a service of some application there) for update checking and try to block it somehow. Try to kill it if it stand again (It defently will when you restart phone) then i think only solution is in the root.