- 3 Posts
Need Help hiding Jelly Bean "Update Software" pop-up
I just purchased a Mot Droid Razr Maxx HD and it cam with ICS. This was a replacement for the same phone purchased a few days earlier with hardware issues. Th first phone updated to Jelly Bean the second day I had it and I blame the update for some of the issues I had with the phone after the update. i do not want to updater to JB on this new phone but I get an update notice every 12 hours that I have to dismiss. I called Verizon and they have no way to stop this. I thought that one of you in the forum might know of a "back door" to stop these annoying updates, which I will continue to dismiss until I hear that a better update to solve 4.1.1 problems has been issued. Thanks i n advance.
- 12-10-2012, 08:56 AM #2
- 704 Posts
Re: Need Help hiding Jelly Bean "Update Software" pop-up
Disable automatic updates? I don't know if it's in Verizon infested Motorola, but Samsung has it in Phone Information. You could also try to find application responcible (in all applications list, it might hide as a service of some application there) for update checking and try to block it somehow. Try to kill it if it stand again (It defently will when you restart phone) then i think only solution is in the root.
- By VW Maverick in forum Sprint Galaxy NexusReplies: 309Last Post: 09-25-2013, 12:09 AM
- By surferboy in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 16Last Post: 10-20-2012, 01:08 AM
- By jhwf44 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 09-22-2012, 12:56 AM
- By awanikhwan in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 09-20-2012, 01:39 PM
- By af250xxl in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 18Last Post: 06-28-2012, 09:02 AM