Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Syncing Whatsapp contacts with Google Contacts

Hi

I can imagine this question has been asked about a million times.

I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 Mini running on Jelly Bean and I have a problem with my contacts. One...only one...has done what I want it to. The first contact on my address list has a little Google symbol AND and little Whatsapp symbol next to it, so I can start a Whatsapp conversation from the Phone Book. However, this hasn't happened to any other contacts and it's really bugging me. Here are the things I have tried:-

Phone Book - Contacts to display - All
    Phone Book - Accounts - Whatsapp - Sync Contacts

I have been looking online for about 2 days, and I can't figure it out. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Default Re: Syncing Whatsapp contacts with Google Contacts

Hi Joanne

just solved this problem. In whatsapp settings go to contacts and checkmark "show all contacts" . I'm not sure how or why some of my contacts were hidden but this led to all of them being shown.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have fixed this now...I uninstalled Whatsapp and then reinstalled it. Should have known turning it off and then on again fixes everything!

Hi,
    I have a Moto E running on KitKat and I have a problem with my contacts. contact photos are not getting update with Whatsapp contact photos. tried sync setting by selecting all.
    & i have tried uninstalled & re-installed whatsapp & cleared data & storage data catche clear everything. but no use!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrinivas M View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Moto E running on KitKat and I have a problem with my contacts. contact photos are not getting update with Whatsapp contact photos. tried sync setting by selecting all.
    & i have tried uninstalled & re-installed whatsapp & cleared data & storage data catche clear everything. but no use!
    - - - Updated - - -

Uninstalled and reinstalled watsapp. Bt no changes. Please help.