Jelly Bean Sound Profiles

Strider2112

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I know this has likely been answered a million and one times; my Samsung Galaxy S3 has recently been updated to Jelly Bean, and I love it, recently, a friend of mine pointed out that it seems impossible to turn notifications from "sound" to "vibrate" and back.

Now, I realize that there is a place where you can click-to-change this:
Untitled_1.png

To:
Untitled_21.png

BUT, this doesn't work... at least not anymore... well, it does, but only for phone calls :/

What we need to be able to do is change it so that when it is set to "sound", EVERYTHING makes a sound, and when we set it to "vibrate" EVERYTHING vibrates and NOTHING makes sound.

Now, after doing a bit of reading and exploring, I have found out that you can go into the settings for each individual application (messages, Gmail, facebook, twitter, etc) and change their settings individually. The issue here is, and take "messages" as an example, that you can have it ring and vibrate, or just ring, or just vibrate, but it isn't controlled by the global setting - so when you set the global one (see pictures above) to vibrate, the "messages" app still does whatever its own settings dictate.

My question is, is there any application we can download that can change all the vibration/sound settings globally, preferably with one click (globally meaning actually globally, ie. ALL apps have sound, ALL apps are vibrate, ALL apps are silent, not just some)?

Bonus: Also, this would be just a treat if this worked, but a setting where you can make each application have its own vibration profile...

These kind of things have been standard in every phone I've ever owned since the late 90s, it just doesn't make sense that they would remove it.

Thanks in advance.

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the app Widgetsoid? With it, you can create custom toggles, including sound profile ones. I don't have an SG3, so I can't vouch for whether or not it would work on your device.

Also, on vanilla Android you can hold down the power (lock) button for 3 seconds and a screen pops up with sound profile toggles (that apply system-wide). Does yours have that?

gtbarry

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
ON my Galaxy Nexus running 4.2.1. I just simply hold the power button. Among the options is across the bottom is vibrate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae